New Friends & New Enemies

While everyone was waiting for Count Crescendo to tell them to result of the auditions, the kids helped with preparations some more to distract themselves, or just waited bored and anxiously. Gabby, however, decided to spend some more time with Young Lamenta to get to know her better.

"So, you excited to see the Festival of Lights?" Gabby asked.

Lamenta seemed surprised by the question.

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"Usually, the first question anyone who bothers to talk to me asks is 'What's it like touring with Count Crescendo?'" Lamenta said. "It's all anyone cares about."

"I am a big fan of Count Crescendo..." Gabby said. "But I wanna get to know you too. He did say you never stay anywhere long enough to make real friends, but I think the real reason is because a lot of strangers are too shallow and only think about getting easy access to autographs or an inside scoop on him."

Lamenta sighed. "And you'd be right. It's just one of the joys of being me."

"If you don't like traveling, don't you have any family you can stay with?" Gabby asked.

"Nope," said Lamenta, sadly shaking her head. "My mom is an only child, and both my grandparents are dead."

"I'm sorry. What about your father?"

"He... kinda works with Count Crescendo."

"Oh. Is he one of the dancers?"

"Sort of."

"So... he's the choreographer?"

"Well, yes, but..." Lamenta looked around and then at Gabby. "Can you keep a secret?" she whispered.

Gabby stuck out her pinky for a pinky promise, and the two girls did so. Then, Lamenta whispered her secret into Gabby's ear. Gabby's eyes went wide when she told her.

"What?! That's insane!" Gabby whisper yelled.

"I know. Now you're the first to know. You can't tell anyone else, okay? Not even your family or friends." Lamenta sternly.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. If ever you decide to share it, it'll be you who does it."

For a while, Gabby and Lamenta started talking more and more, getting to know one another. They turned out to have a lot in common, and Lamenta was pretty cool too. She loved stargazing, her favorite color was purple, she loved ponies as much as Gabby did, and she was a pretty good dancer. Lamenta was pretty laid back, calm and deep.

While the kids were waiting to see who would get to perform with Count Crescendo, Anakin was summoned to the Chancellor's office.

A beautiful woman with fair skin, hair as black as night and eyes of crimson color, dressed in a gown as red as blood stood by the chancellor's side as he was contacted by Jedi Master Mace Windu.

"Why are you removing the bounty on the three fugitives?" Chancellor Palpatine asked.

"If they're free to move," said Mace. "they could lead us back to Eval's operation."

"Very well," said Silvaria. "Keep us apprised."

And she hung up the call. Since their marriage, Silvaria seemed to take over most of Palpatine's life from speaking over him to criticizing his fashion choices.

"Sit up straight," Silvaria scolded her husband. "Do you want to be the hunchback of the Republic? I did not agree to marry you for having terrible posture."