Crisis on Naboo

It was the day of the Festival of Light, and everyone was so excited. But the Jedi all had to focus on their mission to protect the chancellor and his bride-to-be.

While they waited for it to be time to head to the festival, Gabby, Boba, and Lamenta went for a pony ride in the hall. Lamenta rode on Peppermints's back, racing with Boba and Remix and Gabby and Carousella.

"We're gonna win this time!" Boba bragged.

"I don't think so, Boba." Gabby said, snapping the reins. "Go, Carousella! Faster!"

"Come on, Peppermint!" Lamenta exclaimed.

Carousella ran faster as she turned a corner, and they took a shortcut to a briefing hall, where members of the Jedi Council and Anakin were finalizing their plans for the Festival of Light.

"Incoming!" Carousella exclaimed, prompting many Jedi to get out of the way, but Master Fisto lost his balance and backed into another master, knocking both of them down.

Carousella and Remix came in all excited about their running, and the kids were excited too, debating over who won the race.

"Alright, kids, knock it off!" Anakin shouted to get the kids to stop shouting and jumping.

"Hi, Dad/Daddy." Boba and Gabby said.

"What did I tell you kids about horse racing indoors?" Anakin said firmly, crossing his arms.

"To be careful?" Gabby answered in the form of a question.

Sometimes, it still surprised the Council to see Anakin Skywalker, the same Jedi who was reckless in battle and defied orders all the time, acting like a mature, responsible parent to his children. But it turned out getting rid of the rules that forbid Jedi from having families might have been the smartest and best decision the Council ever made.

"As I was saying, before we were so crazily interrupted," said Mace. "We will know the Chancellor's every move from the time we land on Naboo."

"What security measures are in place?" Master Plo asked.

Mace hit a button to display a hologram as he explained that the Royal Guard of Naboo would have armed sentries at all entry points on the palace, and the stage would be sealed off by a ray shield for the duration of the event. And, they had Queen Griselda on alert as well, being a dragon and all.

"I saw to it that similar precautions have been taken for Count Crescendo to perform." Caroline said.

"I see nothing here to worry about," said Anakin.

"With complacency comes vulnerability." Yoda said. "Yes... it is what we do not see that concerns me. A long time to plan his attack, Count Dooku has."

"Will you guys relax?" Boba said. "You got a former bounty hunter here to help you figure out every precaution, and you have a secret weapon, just in case." He motioned to Gabby.

"Yes. We thought we'd have an advantage with Obi-Wan on the inside," said Mace. "but we've had no communications from him in days."

"Uncle Obi-Wan is one of the strongest people I know. He'll come through." Gabby said. "I know he will."

"Obi-Wan will do his part," said Anakin. "Let's make sure we do ours."

"Like Count Crescendo says," said Lamenta. "The show must go on. And, the show goes on only when everyone plays the right part."

Others looked at Lamenta, who blushed.

"When you grow up around a pop star, you learn a lot about behind the scenes of each show."