Lamenta's Whole New World

Once the Jinns confirmed they would be living with the Skywalkers, Lamenta got a new room. It was fairly simple at first, like Boba's had been when Anakin and Padme first adopted him. Just a bed, a table with a lamp, and a bookshelf. Lamenta had a few things, though. Her parents decorated her bed with her favorite fluffy white pillows and constellation blankets and hung a sparkly star mobile on the ceiling. They even got her a little lamp that looked like a bunch of fireflies.

After a bedtime story, the kids were all escorted to their rooms, including Lamenta. Carmine carried her into her bed and Caroline covered her up. They each gave her a kiss goodnight and wished her sweet dreams before heading to their bedroom.

But, Lamenta was having a bit of trouble sleeping. She was happy getting to sleep in a real bedroom, but she felt a little scared. And no, it wasn't the dark that was scaring her. Young Lamenta was so used to sleeping beside her parents or with one of the bodyguards beside her. She felt scared being all alone. So, she decided to try to go and sleep with her parents in their room.

Carmine and Caroline kissed each other goodnight and started to cuddle up together, when they felt a little someone crawl into bed with them.

"Lamenta? What are you doing in here?" Caroline asked.

"I wanna sleep with you." Lamenta said.

"Lamenta, you have a room of your own now." said Carmine.

"But Daddy, I can't sleep alone."

Carmine sighed. He and Caroline should've expected this. Ever since Lamenta was born, she'd shared a room with her parents whether they were staying in a hotel or riding in their various vehicles on tour. Lamenta always had someone to sleep beside her. Even when she had her own bed in one of the vehicles, it was part of a bunk bed, and sharing a room with her parents and/or dancers and crew members.

Carmine brought Lamenta back to her room and tucked her in again, telling her it would be alright.

"You have Lammy here beside you to keep nightmares away," said Carmine, holding up the plush lamb and placing it by his daughter's side. "You'll be okay, Little Lamb. You're my strong girl. Now stay here and get some rest."

Carmine kissed his daughter's head, pulled the blanket over her, and left to go back to bed himself.

About an hour went by, and Lamenta still couldn't sleep. She lay down and stared at the ceiling and started crying, feeling alone. So much was changing for her. She was finally going to stay in one place for more than just a few concerts, and she found out she had an uncle and cousins she didn't even know about. It was nice, but all so overwhelming too.

Now Lamenta had to get used to sleeping by herself in a strange new place, and that made her so scared. She tried desperately to go to sleep but couldn't. And as that was going on, a trail of magical sparkles came from her beating heart and reached all the way to Equinaro.

Queen Reigna was getting ready for bed, and was about to take off her jewels, when the trail of sparkles hit her amethysts, turning them pink.

"A little late for a Ride of Love, isn't it?" Orpheus asked.

"It's never too late to help someone in need." Reigna said.

Reigna walked to the Equinary and asked it to show her who was in need of a pony so late at night. The Equinary showed that a little princess named Lamenta Jinn was feeling scared and lost in a strange new place with strange new people who turned out to be long-lost family members. She felt unsure of this new planet she was living on, so she needed a new friend who could help her feel safe. And... the Equinary chose none other than Carousella's older brother Crescent Mareheart because he was strong and protective, but also gentle and compassionate.