55

FLASHBACK
THE BABY SHOWER PT 2

ɴᴀɪᴊᴇʀ ᴊᴀᴄᴏʙ

"yo ki-lan lemme get some of yo macaroni and cheese" i said smiling

"boy, you always want sum. its mad food here" she said sucking her teeth.

"shut up talking to me like that" me & ki-lan started dating a month ago. we always had feelings for each other but they recently started to show more.

"oh my god, here naijer." she said passing me her plate and fork.

"now you doing to much, but look at that girl hair" i said pointing at somebodys hair making her laugh.

i tried to be mature and hold my laugh back but i immediately cracked a smile and failed miserably.

"oh theres neveah.. and isn't that- yeah." i said cutting her off.

it was neveah & ryuk.

i hated them together for the small fact that ryuk was always.. suspicious. from when i met him till when he walked in behind neveah with a slight smirk.

"she looks happy.. that's all that should matter." ki-lan said trying to reason with me.

but the brother in me didn't trust it.

"yeah shes happy but for how long" seeing my sister after her and legacy broke up was some of the hardest shit she ever went through.

she acted like it didn't bother her but she was broken.

that was her other half and he wasn't there.

"hi boo" neveah said hugging me and kissing me on the forehead.

"wassup sis" i said hugging her back.

"ryuk." i said darting a straight face his way.

"younger brother of neveah." he said tryna be funny.

"cut it out, both of you!" neveah pointed at both of us. "hi luv" she said hugging ki-lan.

"heyy, you look so pretty" ki-lan smiled hugging her back.

"thank you" neveah said cheesing.

ryuk said something in neveahs ear and she nodded. they exchanged a touchy ass hug and ryuk left. soon after izaak came over. he was pissed.

shit i would be too if my babymother brought her boyfriend that i clearly don't like.

"cmere" izaak said to neveah as they walked away from me & ki-lan.

"why do you have to be so rude to ryuk" ki-lan asked.

"reasons."

"boy.. let them be." she sighed.

____________

the party went on for a little longer and a few hours past since ryuk and neveah came.

ryuk came back.. unfortunately.

i sat down at the table next to serria and jalen, ki-lan went home since her mother had to work and she had to watch her siblings.

"hey is neveah and ryuk arguing..?" serria asked.

"they bet not be, i'm still a dude" jalen said sitting up in his chair.

"i'ma kill em."

"yo nana go get legacy, that argument looks heated." i nodded and went to go find izaak. while looking i found iyus also looking for him.

"theres yo dad" i said grabbing his attention and telling him what happened.

"oh word?" was all he said before he sputtered off to find them.

minutes later we heard the music cut and screaming.

i gave iyus to serria and ran off to go see what was happening.

there they were.

izaak and ryuk.

izaak was fine but ryuk on the other hand.. he was bloody and neveah was in shock, screaming trying to pull izaak off.

i grabbed her hand pulling her away from the fight so she wouldn't get hurt.

"STOP IT STOP IT!" she screamed at izaak. he still didn't budge and continued punching him.

"get the kids out of here!" i yelled as everyone scrambled out of the center.

"okay izaak that's enough!" lani said grabbing control of her brother with her being pregnant also.

the fight was broken up and neveah was pissed.

her face was flushed of tears and her makeup was smudged.

turns out, during their argument. ryuk hit her. i could tell it wasn't the first time but she only snapped because it was infront of people and most of all at her babyshower.

with izaak being who is and still crazy about neveah. he took matters into his own hands.

"take me home." she spat to a bloody ryuk.

izaak walked away into the bathroom to wash the blood of his knuckles.

______________

PRESENT

and from that day on i promised to myself and neveah i was gonna kill him.

but the reason why i was mad at izaak is something he did that nobody knew about.

not even neveah.