Chapter 5: Cousin, Ambrose

Sometimes I think I'm going too far.

But then I remembered my ancestors did many things far much worse than what I'm doing right now, and that fuels my will to prove myself... and lessens the guilt that I feel, no matter how small it is.

Due to excessive inbreeding and high IQ's scattered around in our clan, our family is prone to sociopathy or psychopathy. I, unfortunately, have neither of those. That's why it's so hard having these emotions, they're making me tired just by feeling them all the time.

Subjecting Amara Henderson-- excuse me, Amara Evangeline, to psychological torture is one of the most mentally taxing things I've done in my 20 years of existence in this planet. Moreso than my college experience, and that's saying for sure.

She's tough to crack the first few days. I thought I'd crack her in a day, but I didn't. What can I say? An Evangeline is as strong-willed as they are manipulative. In Amara's case, she's just strong-willed.

But when I did, the time I cut her up myself and gaslighted her into believing that she did it, she was putty in my hands.

It started with the picture.

Paranoia ultimately sets in with the feeling of someone watching you. Mama Wanda's picture had a camera inside it, which I used to monitor her, for research purposes, of course.

And when she wanted me to remove it like I expected her to, I use the cameras from every hidden cranny of her room to my advantage to make her as paranoid as ever.

A lot of things happened after that. The simple moving of her things, the shadows, or the doors simply closing on their own, was all made by me.

And the ultimate test came.

I was running out of time. The deadline for this research was earlier than expected, and I was willing to risk it for faster results.

I sliced her palm when she was lost in her own world and made it as if she accidentally sliced it herself, my heart beating furiously inside my chest when I gouged for her reaction.

Lo and behold, I got none.

Which meant my gamble worked. She's a robot that I can control. But it's not over yet. I have to make her a mindless zombie, one I can control and bend according to my will.

"You're a monster."

I froze.

She wasn't sure