-13-

Zoe's P.O.V

Reese and I were currently walking home from school. We were hand in hand, talking about some wrestling magazine he was reading. Oh, wait. I meant looking at. Since he only looks at the pictures.

He was going on and on about some wrestling tournament that's gonna be on TV tomorrow night when all of a sudden we get splashed by a car passing us. I gasp as I felt the water hit us.

Reese looks at himself then me and immediately gets furious.

"Hey, watch where your driving, you butt-wipe!" He yells after the car. At that the car stops and reversed.

"Uh oh" I yelped as he stops in front of us.

"What'd you say?" The jock in the driver seat asked.

"Nothing!" Both Reese and I rush out.

"Better watch yourself, jerk-wad. I'll kick your butt" The jock threatened, speeding off once again.

"Yeah, well, I wish I had a car like that!" Reese yells out.

"Nice threat" I snorted as he rolls his eyes. He looks around and sees Dewey from across the street being paid by an old lady.

"Why is he getting money from her?" I asked.

"I don't know" Was all Reese says before pulling me across the street to them.

"-Now I insist you take this" The old lady says, holding out the money. Dewey takes it happily.

"Thank you" He says, pocketing the money.

"What work did you do last week?" Reese asked.

Before Dewey could say anything an older man walks up with money saying the same thing the old lady did, giving Dewey five dollars.

"Your gonna be rich" I said as Dewey gave me a huge smile while waving the money at me.

"No way, you didn't pull any weeds yesterday" Reese said.

"I know"

"What's going on?"

"It's money day"

"Money day?"

"Yeah. I don't know why but it's been happening a lot lately" Dewey explained.

"That's a little weird" I mumbled.

"Dewey, people don't have money days" Reese tried to explain.

"I do. It's really neat" Dewey said, happily.

"There's also cookie days and pat on the head days. I don't like those so much, but before you know it, it's money day again" Dewey continued. He walked away, counting his money as Reese just started at him in disbelief.

"How's he getting all this money?" Reese whined. I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe he's doing it in his sleep" I playfully said.

"No way! I wanna do that so I can get money too!" Reese whined.

"Reese. I was joking" I said. He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh" Was all he said. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Your lucky you're cute" I said, pulling him to continue walking.

-_-_-_-_-_-

It was the next day and I had just gotten up when my mom came into my room.

"Morning sweetie. Reese called earlier asking if you wanted to have breakfast at their house" She says.

"Morning. Sure that sounds good" I yawned, getting up.

"I told him you'll be over soon" She says, giving me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled and hummed in response.

"Thanks mom" I said. She gave me a smile and walked out, shutting my door behind her. I brushed my teeth and quickly changed into a pair of shorts and a shirt.

I brushed my hair quickly and walked out of my room. I said goodbye to my parents before walking out of the house and across the street. I didn't even need to knock anymore, I just walk in.

"Hello!" I yelled, letting them know I was here. I heard a chorus of 'hellos' in the kitchen so I went there. Lois, Hal and Reese were all in the kitchen.

Hal was wearing an apron so I assume he cooked the delicious breakfast that was spread out onto the table. Lois had a bunch of flowers in her hands and Reese was sitting at the table staring at his parents with a bewildered expression.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Oh hi Zoe! Come sit! I made crepes" Hal said, happily as he led me over to a seat next to Reese.

"Crepes?" I asked as I cautiously sat down.

"Yes! Dig in!" He said, waving his hands all over the place. I looked towards Reese and he had the same expression as I did. He just shrugged his shoulder as he didn't know what was going on either.

"Okay, well thanks" I said, getting my plate together. Reese and I were eating as Lois and Hal were talking.

I was minding my own business eating my breakfast when all of a sudden I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked towards Reese but he wasn't even looking at me, he was just eating his food. I shrugged it off, deciding to not think anything of it.

I felt his hand slowly rise up and it sat at the top of my thigh, close to my... you know what. My eyes widened and I looked at him. He had a smirk on his face. This little....

I pushed his hand off my thigh and he chuckled. We finished up our food and we stood up.

"I walk over to your house to get you" he said. I nodded and we kissed each other goodbye before separating. I went back to my house and finished getting ready for school as he finished getting ready as well.

As soon as I was done I heard my mom call for me, saying that Reese was here. I grabbed my bag and ran out of my room and towards the front door. We said goodbye to my mom and we went on our way, hand in hand to school.