Arabica Coffee Beans - Handy Guide!

If you enjoy coffee, you are aware that freshly ground coffee beans produce the tastiest brew

If you enjoy coffee, you are aware that freshly ground coffee beans produce the tastiest brew. The Coffea arabica tree and the Coffea canephora tree are the two primary varieties of coffee trees from which those beans are yearly gathered.

The most common coffee variety, Arabica, accounts for around 70% of the market. Although they can be fussy and challenging to grow, the end product is a gentle and aromatic coffee bean that the majority of people adore. The other popular variety, canephora, is more often referred to as robusta. It makes up about 30% of the world coffee market. Typically it has a much higher caffeine content and is used in blends or to make instant coffee.

There are as many as 100 different species of coffee trees, though the majority of the world's coffee beans come from just two of them. The life of a coffee tree is 20 to 30 years, during which time cherries grow in a continuous cycle. Two mature coffee beans are stored inside the numerous layers of each cherry. Up to 4 years may pass after a new coffee tree is planted before it blooms and bears fruit. The journey a coffee bean takes from the time it is grown until it reaches a retailer near you might span for months. Grab a cup of your preferred variant of OKBF coffee and follow us as we trace the path taken by a coffee bean from crop to cup!

Arabica Coffee Beans - Crop To Cup

Planting The Seed

The first step starts with the planting of the teeny-weeny seed in the land filled with a good amount of sunlight and in a mountainous region. There are a lot of regions where coffee is grown, but specifically, it flourishes near the equator as the sun plays a major role.

Harvesting The Coffee Bean

The following step after the plantation is harvesting the seed, it usually takes 3 to 4 years for a coffee plant to reach a food-bearing age.

Once they mature the red cherry fruits are harvested from the plant. The cherries are usually picked by either hand or machine, but as the plantations are done usually in the mountainous regions hand-picking is preferred by many. OKBF coffee beans also are hand-picked.

Coffee Beans From Coffee Cherries

Inside the luscious red cherry fruit is the green coffee seed which needs to be removed from the flesh of the fruit to get the bean. Various steps and methods are used for it.

The most used and traditional method is to spread the beans in the sun to dry them out. The beans need to be pestled gently from time to time to dehydrate them. This process is done to remove the cherry shell and get the end product which is the coffee bean. But wait the bean isn't still ready to make a fresh brewing java out of it and we are still halfway into the process.

Exporting The Coffee Beans

The beans at this point are still left with the process of roasting, The dried, sorted, and skinned beans are divided into different varietals and packed to be sent to different roasters. They are also continuously checked for quality so the consumer receives the best product to brew.

Roasting Of The Beans

This is the last and the most important step as the browning of the beans needs to be done at a particular temperature of 550°F. Also in the machine, the beans need to move constantly so as to not burn them. The majority of the bean roasting is done in a large-scale factory. But if you need something of premium quality, then choose Ok But First Coffee beans as they are roasted specifically for you. Every batch goes through an artisan-crafted process.

The Packaging

The packing needs to be done with specialty bags like ours to maintain the freshness of the beans for a long time. Java lovers always choose beans over the grind. As you would be awestruck by the flavor of your coffee when you choose to grind your coffee at home.

Get The Best Coffee Beans Online In The US

Ok But First Coffee offers you freshly roasted java beans, that are strong, and bold to give a jump start to your days. Here are three variants available on the site:

Mornin' Kick

These artisan roasted coffee beans are enough to make your mornings merry. There are hints of Brazilian nuts, grapefruit, and oak in it.

Midday Stroll

These specialty-grade coffee beans are harvested from South and Central America. The beans will tempt you to take a break from your work as they are rich in flavor with cues of brown sugar, hazelnut, and plum.

Chill Thirty

The responsibly sourced coffee beans are to make your evenings relaxed and cozy. The beans have the touch of smoky raspberry, dark chocolate, and anise.

To Roast It Up

The OKBF beans are from exotic locations like the farmlands of Brazil, the lands of South & Central America, or the mountainous lands of Columbia. The java beans are roasted fresh and are available right at your doorstep. With the help coffee calculator, the website totals up your need and assists you to order using the coffee club subscription. Get free shipping, great discounts, and more. Also, don't forget to check out the high-quality coffee merch!