Part 3

A/N : Happy early birthday to my friend @gayce-ventura!! I hope you have the best day and eat plenty of cake! ☺️🍰 (and I hope you like this update too... 😅)
~*~

Zed knocked rhythmically on the weathered front door, rocking back onto his heels and whistling along with a tune in his head as he waited. He was in a great mood. After popping a couple of Tylenol and eating a nice breakfast with his dad and little sister, his hangover headache was virtually gone and he was feeling good, really good. A certain werewolf having a big hand in that, boosting his confidence and soothing the hopeless romantic in him that he'd been neglecting.

He hadn't been able to get his toothy grin, scruffy hair, or piercing eye out of his head all morning. The idea of indulging in some extracurricular activities with him didn't seem so bad the more it tumbled around in his head. Wyatt was looking for a good time and Zed needed someone he could shower in affections from time to time. Seemed like a win-win for everyone.

Nothing too serious to worry about, right?

The door finally opened and he smiled, expecting to see his best friend but his brows quickly jumped in surprise. Out walked Willa with even more wild hair than usual. She shot a glare up at Zed as if to say 'make a peep and I'll slit your throat', to which he gulped and offered a nervous smile.

"Oh hey, Zed. What're you doing here?" He visibly relaxed since Eliza saved him from getting mauled by her wolf girlfriend. Well, basically her girlfriend, he guessed. But who was he to judge?

Instead, he turned to the curly-haired zombie with a wide smile. "I wanted to ask if you'd wanna hang out!" Eliza's face showed her shock at his cheery tone but smiled teasingly.

"Sure, but you'll definitely need to tone it down. I'm still recovering from my hangover." She teased. Zed chuckled along before the present werewolf made herself known by clearing her throat.

"I better get back to the den. I'll see you later, Babe." She told Eliza with a peck on her cheek but then turned to glare at him again. "I've got my eyes on you, Necrodopolis."

He gulped from the threat as she marched past him and headed back towards the forbidden forest. "What the hell was that about?" Eliza questioned him suspiciously.

"Ha ha ha! No clue! Anyways! How about some coffee! Do you want a coffee? Let me buy us some coffee for our hangovers!" Zed rambled with forced laughter, looping his arm around her shoulders as he robotically guided her towards the center of Zombietown.

Needless to say, he made her suspicions a hundred times worse.

____________________

~ 2 months later ~

The blare of the end-of-workday horn drew Zed's attention off the electrical task he had been focused on. He let out a heavy sigh, taking off his hard hat and wiping the sweat from his brow.

The fall weather wasn't quite cooling off the daytime just yet. But the nights were starting to be nice and crisp. The reminder of night had a smile creeping its way onto his face as he hurried out of work.

Especially since it was officially the weekend.

There was a pep in his step as he got home, took a quick shower, and readied himself to head out for the night. He skipped down the steps, ready to head for the door, but paused when his dad called out to him from the kitchen.

"Going out again this weekend, Son?" Zevon asked. Zed strode casually to lean against the doorframe.

"Yeah! I'll be at the den. You don't need to wait up for me to get back." He told his dad pushing off the wood.