Chapter One

"Aniki!"

Came the call of the redheaded girl down the hallway of the Survey Corps Head Quarters, as she ran down the corridor, doging people as she made her way to an office that said 'Lance Corporal' above it. As she swung open the old wooden door, she was met with an exceedingly tidy room, looking as though it had never been touched. She walked further into the room, peering around to see all bits of the paperwork and such all tidy and stacked neatly, a soft sigh escaped her lips thinking that no-one was there until a small man walked into her view and stared at her.

"Isabel! Wait for me!"

Came the voice of a male behind them, as he too ran along the same corridor as she had just ran along, stopping just inside the wooden door frame in order to catch his breath.

"Oh yeah, sorry Farlan!"

He was panting softly as he then looked over to her, seeing the male in front of her brought a warm and gentle smile curling his lips, so he then made his way over to them both, standing proudly beside the redhead. His arm lightly rested upon her shoulder, though of course she didn't like him doing that so protested against him doing that action, causing him to laugh a warm and light-hearted laugh. Both of their attention now turned to the small man stood before them, who remained still and emotionless as a shadow cover his eyes, not looking at the two before him even once. No. He just stood there, staring straight through them, as if they were not there; as if they were not real to him, just an illusion, an image, a ghost. They tried to get his attention, but alas they had no avail so gave up, that is until they saw him finally look up to face them both, though they still could not see his eyes for the shadow still covered and hid them from anyone daring to look at him, still he appeared as though he was looking past them - no. He was looking straight through them as he looked up.