Chapter 6 + Announcement

Before I start this chapter, I want to announce a lil competition for you readers to partake in. As a thank you for making Persistent my first story to reach 10,000+ reads, I will be taking character submissions from you guys! If your character is chosen, they will be credited to you! Requirements and rules for submission are as follows:

Requirements:
- Must include a basic description of physical appearance (or you can link an image in the comments, your choice)
- Must include character's Chakra Nature (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning; anything else will require further explanation)
- Must include character's heritage and/or background (if you feel like someone is going to copy your idea, private message me)
- Must include character's fighting style; keep in mind that this is just what they specialize in, and they can be skilled in more than one aspect (Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Kenjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Taijutsu, etc.)
- Must include character's name
- Must include the village your character hails from
- Must include a description of character's Chakra Reserves (i.e. high but hard to control, low but very easy to control, average amount and average control, etc.)

Rules:
- Character cannot be completely overwhelmingly powerful. There is nothing wrong with a strong character, but they cannot be so strong that they take out all the bad guys in the blink of an eye.
- Character cannot be from the following clans: Uchiha, Senju, Kaguya, Otsutsuki, Kohaku, Chinoike, Jugo's Clan (on the other hand, I would like to have at least one Uzumaki, although they cannot be related to Naruto for plot reasons)
- Character cannot possess all 5 of the basic Chakra Natures and have good control of their Chakra (this links back to the first rule)
- Character must have good motives for being a Shinobi (this links back to character background)
- Backstory may intertwine with Y/N's, but within reason (PM me for more details)

I will keep submissions open until Chapter 8 is released. I will only choose 3, and you are only allowed one submission. Also, this contest is completely optional. You only have to submit your character if you want to see them in the story

With that out of the way, it's time to pick up where we left off.

Sasuke's POV:

"Y/N," I said with a gasp as my heart begins to thump, as if it were going to burst. "It's been too long."

"Yeah, it has," he responded.

His voice... It was much more mature than it was before he left. It was honestly quite arousing... But I can't let myself be distracted by him, no matter how I feel about him.

"What do you want? Are you here to persuade me not to stay with Orochimaru?" I asked.

"No. I'm just curious as to why you would," he said.

"Because he's going to make me stronger! I'm already leagues above Naruto and the rest, but I need more! Itachi must die by my hand!" I exclaimed.

"Hmph. I knew there would be no way to change your mind. Alright, I guess it's safe to tell you a little secret," he smirked.

"Which is?" I said questioningly.

"Well, I'm going to be doing a bit of work away from the village. As it turns out, I can't trust the village to not catch onto what I'm planning." He explained.