Get Me On A Plane

I was sat with Rachel on my bathroom floor crying, what was I going to do? What was Henry going to say? I was so emotional and confused, this was all so fast and Henry and I don't even know each other properly. In total from when we met to now it has only been a few months, what if Henry wants nothing to do with me and I'm alone with this baby?

"What am I going to do Rach? I'm not even divorced from Matthew and I'm pregnant with someone else's baby! We've only known each others a few months. Henry is going to hate me and he will leave me, he won't want this! What if he thinks I have done it on purpose. I promise I haven't." I started to sob harder and she pulled me in for a hug.

"Liv! We know you darling we know you didn't do this on purpose. Whatever happens and whatever you choose I will be here for you!! You need to take some time and think things through then talk to Henry." There was a sudden tap on the bathroom door.

"You okay guys?" It was Matthew, we had been up here for 20 minutes so he must have started to panic. I got up and headed for the door. I opened and my red puffy eyes already told Matthew the answer.  "How about a cup of tea eh Liv?" I forced a smile and nodded. 

We headed down into the kitchen and Matthew placed a steaming cup of tea in front of me, I reached for it and placed it into my hands enjoying the heat as I had felt so numb.

"You need to go talk to him Liv, you can't process all this on your own. When you got pregnant before we had each other and as much as I want to help you this time it's not my place it's his." I looked at Matthew and I just felt so much appreciation for him.

"I have a week until I'm with him, this really is something I need to do face to face. I know I don't want to get rid of it, I already have my beautiful boys and this baby will be just like them and I could never think of getting rid of a baby no matter how hard it would be. I will love it unconditionally. If Henry doesn't want to be a part of it that's fine, I would never force him." I sighed and took a sip of my tea.

"Don't think the worst Liv, you don't know how he is going to react! He's a nice guy we know that and he might surprise you. Are you sure you want to wait the week to tell him? I know it's not something you want to do over the phone but it is his baby too, he should know." I looked at Rach and she was right he should know.

Before I could say anything Matthew butted in. "Right Liv you need to pack your suitcase and head to the airport. You should do it in person, you're off next week anyway. I can have the boys and I can fly them out next week, that is if you don't mind. I haven't had a holiday, always wanted to go California, I can come out for a week spend it with the kids and then give them to you for your final week." I was shocked, my estranged husband is willing to help me through all this, such a wonderful man.

"I can't put that on you Matthew." I started to tear up.

"Hey I'm offering. Right I'm going to head home." He got up kissed me on the forehead and went to the bottom of the stairs.

"Boys you ready to go. I've got your bags in the car, come say bye to Mum." I got up and gave Matthew a hug, then I could hear the boys rush down the stairs. I am not telling them yet until I have spoken to Henry. I told them I would meet them in America and gave them a big hug and kiss.

Rachel and I headed up to my room and started to pack my case, she had found me a flight leaving at 8am, luckily there was a seat left. Rachel said she would drive me to the airport we had to leave at 3am so she called Jack to fill him in and said she would stay at mine then drive me to the airport in my car. I am so grateful for the people I have around me, I don't know how I got so lucky.

I had a shower and put on some leggings and a baggy jumper then Rachel and I jumped into bed and put on our favourite film Hocus Pocus.

"I really appreciate all this Rach, I don't know what I would do without you!" We were scoffing Maltesers and drinking tea.