Chapter Twenty Four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

ELIZ'S POV

       “Great! So you’ll spy for us, right?” I asked hopefully.

       “I could ask JongHyun to help.” Minho said thoughtfully. “Onew’s not very good at the whole keeping quiet and being stealthy thing, and Taemin gets distracted easily, but JongHyun would be fine.”

       “But, I really don’t....” Ali started, trying to find a way out.

       “Please? For us? Do you really want Minho’s head to be bashed in by Key?” I said giving her puppy eyes.

       “Fine, fine. I’ll do it.”

       “Yay!” I exclaimed, hugging her. “I really don’t want to be chewed out and chased by Megan anymore. You have no idea how tiring that is.”

       “Yeah, and coming up with new hiding places is no joke either.” Minho said, standing up and walking over to us. “Hey, can someone order some food? I never got to eat the ramen I made...”

       “Yeah, we haven’t eaten much all day.” I complained. “We were going to go to a pizza place on campus, but we can’t do that anymore.”

       “Sure, I’ll order something. Do you just want to order that pizza to go and I can go pick it up?” Sam asked.

       “Yes!” Me and Minho chimed in unison.

       “Okay then, while you do that I’ll try to find Key and Megan. Don’t cause any more scandals, you two!” Ali said, laughing. I stuck my tongue out at her.

       The door closed and all of a sudden me and Minho were alone again.

       “This is quite the situation we’re in.” I said, trying to make conversation. It was kind of awkward to talk to someone your best friend thinks you’re sleeping with. It didn’t help that Key now assumed that too.

       “Yeah, when Key gets a girlfriend, we have to make sure to chase THEM all over campus for payback.” Minho said. I blinked, wondering if he knew what he just implied.

       “Uh, I mean, not that you’re my girlfriend or anything because that would be ridiculous because we haven’t known each other that long, but, um, not that I’m saying that I wouldn’t want to date you, but-”

       I covered his mouth with my hand before he said something really bad.

       “Thanks.” Minho said, smiling sheepishly.

       “No problem. But what bothers me about this whole thing is that they’re making is such a big deal! I mean, if that kind of thing really did happen, is it really their business anyway? It’s our lives!” I said, lying down on the bed in frustration.

       “I know! If I really wanted to date you, should I have to worry about being chased down and scolded for wanting to do so?”

       “Exactly! It’s not like the world would end if we actually liked each other. Two people can date without their friends overreacting, right?” I said.

       “Right!” Minho agreed, sitting down at the edge of the bed.

       The room was awkwardly silent for a few long seconds. I’m not quite sure what we had been agreeing to, and what us agreeing that was alright for us to date each other meant. Did that just mean hypothetically it would be okay, or did he actually like me enough to date me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       Megan and Key began their search in the library, checking the floors carefully for any sign of the two. There was none. They checked back in the dorms, but no one was there either.

       “Where could those two have disappeared off to now?” Megan said in frustration.

       “I have no idea. Hey look, isn’t that JongHyun?” Key asked, squinting in the fading light.

       “That looks like Alison next to him. What are they doing?”

       “I don’t know. Let’s follow them.”

       Megan and Key crept up behind them, making sure to keep a safe distance away. Ali and JongHyun entered the dorm building, and then disappeared inside of JongHyun’s dorm.

       Key and Megan watched, for a few minutes, waiting for them to come out. They didn’t.

       “What do you think they’re doing in there? And where’s everyone else?” Megan whispered.

       “I don’t know. Let’s get a closer look.”

       The two snuck up to the door and pushed it open quietly. Through the crack in the door they could see only one thing very clearly.

       Alison was sprawled out on the floor, and JongHyun was on top of her.

       Key and Megan looked at each other wide-eyed. “Does this mean...” Megan started.

       “We have another couple we have to break up.” Key nodded, swinging his baseball threateningly.

       “Oh JongHyun, you are so going to get it!”