𝐈𝐈𝐈.

one step, two step, three step, four

bennett tried to support you to the best of his abilities as you both followed down the mysterious trail that the wolf boy and the prinzessin ran on. it was steep, and the sun shining so brightly made it practically blinding to the eye, but bennett kept on pushing on. with the uninjured arm on his shoulders, and your weakened and sore legs still holding you upright, you kept going.

it had felt like forever by the time you reached the peak of the steep trail. you saw a beautiful lake with a large statue of a being in the center. fish swam around happily as the water-land flowers bloomed and thrived in the water's edge and the sun's light.

your eyes beemed with amazement and delight as they gazed upon the scenery. you don't remember the last time you've seen something this lovely.

you wanted to ask him what this place is, but being unable to speak, you pointed around and gave the universal shrug of confusion, still blinded by this world's structure and nature.

"oh, this place?" he responded somewhat startled, but then regaining his senses again.

"this is known as starfell lake! it's one of the many places where there is a statue of the seven...if you really want to learn about the statues of the seven, and just the sevens themselves though, i might not be the best person to go to." he says, scratching his head and looking away shamefully.

you give him a closed eye smile, slightly disappointed, but also understanding of him and his weakness in the history of this world.

you both continue on the long path, with you often tripping, and bennett often being startled by squirrels.

"alright! so this is mondstadt, the city of freedom!" bennett announces proudly, letting go of you and putting his hands into fists on his hips and smiling proudly

"alright! so this is mondstadt, the city of freedom!" bennett announces proudly, letting go of you and putting his hands into fists on his hips and smiling proudly. he must really love this place, even though he's quite the unfortunate guy.

you and bennett approach the bridge and make your way across, with pigeons flying around, and a little boy yelling at you guys for scaring the pigeons away. some trauma dump about his father leaving...

as you reach the gates of mondstadt, the knights in the front look at you and bennett with a skeptical look on their faces. "who are you? i've never seen you around here."

bennett scratches his head and attempts to make up an excuse for a good minute, until someone else arrives. it was a pretty girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes, a red bow headband, and she moved around so happily, almost like a bundle of sunshine and joy.

"hi bennett!" the brunette smiled at the two of you. she then leaned in and whispered, "cmon guys, i'll get you out of this, just follow me."

bennett, confused about what had just happened, followed the girl, and kept you as stable as he possibly could while you limped alongside him.

you both followed amber as she quickly talked to the knights in the front, and then walked into the city, and walked over to the side before you guys could continue on. bennett leaned against a nearby tree and tried to catch his breath and stretch a bit, before getting hit by a random egg within the branches...?

"i never got to fully introduce myself, i'm the gliding champion of mondstadt! my name is amber, nice to meet you! what's your name?" she said so happily, you could hear the raging excitement in her voice.

"amber, i don't think they're able to talk. i tried earlier but they couldn't seem to say anything."

"aw, really? we'll find a way around this, you seem like a really cool person and i'd like to get to know you more."

"hmm, as for that bandage on your arm, maybe we could stop by the cathedral to seek some help"

bennett fully wiped all the egg off of his head, and looked around, then his eyes lit up for a moment. "wait, how did you know about all of this?" he said, worried.

"oh don't worry, razor and fischl told me about this and fischl went to go manage the affairs linked to this, while razor went to go fetch barbara from the cathedral for healing."

she then turned to you, "mondstadt welcomes you with open arms, and we hope you like it here!"

a few moments later, razor and a dainty, blonde-haired girl with blue eyes running behind him came running down the stairs of the city

"razor's here, and i bring shining barbara to heal injured person. is person ok?"

you nodded, and looked at the girl, presumably named barbara. she was using some type of healing magic on you, and it seemed like it was working because your throat was feeling way better, as for the cuts and burns left on your arm, they weren't leaving your skin anytime soon. it was a pain, and where the hell did you get it from? this world is really weird, and what happened?

"alright, don't worry, i've tried my best to heal you, and you should be up and about in no time! just get some rest and i'll check up on you again tomorrow. as for that injury on your arm, my healing magic couldn't do anything about it, which is quite strange..." barbara said, trying to observe the area around the bandages from a distance.

"maybe i could show you around here, we could be great friends!" amber said, "ooo, ooo! you could join my adventure team with razor, fischl and i! though they haven't really said yes yet...it's fine, just make sure you don't get too close and we'll be alright, i promise." bennett stated, with a worried smile.

you coughed a bit and cleared your throat. "thank you," you smiled. they all stood there in shock for a moment, then returned the smile.

 they all stood there in shock for a moment, then returned the smile

© 𝐝𝟒𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 on wattpad , december  2022 .