ᴮᵃˢᵏ ⁱⁿ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗ

Espresso looked around the office as he sat down on one of the chairs, the director tapping his fingers onto the mohogany wood as he look at his application form; making him slightly nervous. Too much coffee might've made him more paranoid and jitty.

"So... Why did you choose this job? You could've been a great professor or a researcher with this kind of documents." The director began to speak. 'He sure does know his way around paperworks.' Espresso thought. "Oh, I'm working on that. Just had to stumble into a minor conundrum." The brunette replied, folding his hands, awaiting for tnnphe director to speak. "Hmm... And what would that be? If you don't mind me asking of course." He spoke.

"Well, I was supposed to be a professionally skilled researcher but, the payment for a small laboratory costs way too much for a working student like me... So I have to get a new job that pays me well... And my friend recommended me here..." Espresso explained as he looked formally to the director.

The director gently pushed his blonde hair aside and he looked at the brunette. "That seems to be responsible of you. I'm glad you're doing something to chase your dreams. You're hired."

'that easy?' Espresso thought. 'I thought he would be strict but, I guess that's why his employees treat him with respect. He must've had a good reason with it but, I wouldn't bother. He's going to be my boss after all...' He added.

The blonde man opened his hand for a handshake, which slightly startled the brunette but, once he composed and processed his thoughts, they gently shook hands. The blonde man gasped. "Oh silly me! Where are my manners?" He giggled. "My name's Pure Vanilla, by the way. You can call me 'P.V.' or 'Pure' if you wish." He expressed to the brunette.

Espresso pondered why his boss would be this... Endearing? Not in that way, however. The man probably has a wife... Or a husband for that rather. You must be exclusive in thoughts about one person. It's a new era. Everyone should respect what their preferences are. Do not be a dick about it.

"I'll let Banoffee settle you in first. He'll show you the routes of the daycare. It's quite big for such a small establishment for children." Pure Vanilla explained to Espresso. "Oh, you might have to wear this, just to follow our small dress code. I'll make you a personalized vest once I get my hands on your measurements you sent me." He added as he gave the brunette a light blue handmade vest. He hesitated for a while until he sighed deeply and greatly took it, appreciating his boss for his hard work on it.

Light blue was definitely not his color but, now he knows why his boss needed the measurements filled up on his resume. He'll just have to wear it till then.

Espresso left the office, seeing Banoffee talking to someone. No, talking isn't the right word. Bickering. "Look, I know you're upset but, you really don't have to be a bitch about it!" A man standing before him whisped yelled. "Oh really now? A little bird told me once that a friend of mine is selfish. Turns out, they were right!" Banoffee spat quietly.

This man has brown hair, fading into white on the bottom, a small braid hanging on the side of his face. He had similar skin tone to Espresso and is slightly thinner than him. He was wearing a velvet purple vest with hints of traditional Korean design sewn on them. He was also wearing a pin that says: 'bird prevention squad'. Espresso really hoped that meant something else 'cause, why on earthbread anyone would like the birds to go away. Sure, he hated them when the birds chirp in the morning but, not like that.

Banoffee scoffed as he flutter his fan, rather violent in front of his 'rival'. The white haired male turned around to face Espresso before looking back at the man behind him. "We'll talk about this... Later..."

He walked towards Espresso, leaving the man dumbfounded but slowly walked towards the other direction. Espresso couldn't help but let his curiosity pass him. "Who was that? If the question does not bother you at all." He asked. Banoffee sighed. "It's Affogato... My nemisis if you will..." He replied.

"He was a good friend to me, or so I thought." The white haired man explained further. "I found out he was using me to get close to Sir P.V. so he can get his hands on something I didn't knew much about."

"All I know is Sir. P.V. is the husband of a very wealthy man who owns one of the biggest companies in the city." Banoffee chattered. "But, as far as I'm aware, Sir. P.V. isn't holding anything valueble from the company that his husband owns. I see him visit Sir. P.V. and their kids every once in a while."

"Wait. Wait. Wait. They have kids?!"

Banoffee quickly shushed him. "Shush! Sir P.V. doesn't like talking about his family in public. Might get them in trouble. Not a lot of people know Sir. P.V. is pansexual." He uttered.

Espresso looked at his friend with confusion. "Then why are you telling me these?" He asked. Then Banoffee looked at his friend sternly. "You asked, didn't you? Of course I have to reply. I might've slipped out of my words and spilled out some information." He chattered.

Espresso sighed as he accepted it. He might have to forget about all of this later on. He wasn't sure why his friend would spill out such information though. Sure, Banoffee was a chatterbox back when they were in High School but, he never knew he still is to this day. Not as much as before, that is.

"Come along now. I have to give you a tour around the daycare." Banoffee announced as he fluttered his fan above his nose. The brunette nods his head before following the blonde to begin the tour.