a new house...and a ghost?

"PROLOUGE(please read the comment at the end of the chapter and enjoy!)

"Ok this was the last" you sighed as you finally put down the last box, you got back on your feet while you wiped the sweat from your forehead with your hand.

It was hot that day, but still you were working pretty fast.

You bought this old abandoned house for nothing, it belonged to an old village but now it was the last one left standing, the rest of the houses were only the rubble.

And the gentleman who sold it to you had been very kind but also vague in the reason why the previous villagers had abandoned that place, he had only mentioned something about some monsters but stated that they were only legends created to scare children.

But you honestly didn't want to think too much about it, your house was located on a plain surrounded by woods, so you felt pretty safe with nothing to create shadows around you.

You continued to tidy up your stuff until evening came, you were satisfied with the work you had done, for now all your things were placed in the corners of the rooms since you didn't have time to fix them.

You were about to start eating until you heard someone knock, very strange as it was almost night.

Maybe its the lady from today?

You thought because in the late afternoon the wife of the gentleman who had sold you the house had come to greet you with her son.

It was a nice surprise and unexpectedly also a good company, she even gave you some advice on how to redecorate your home but the best thing is that she surprised you with a homemade cake and even your favorite flavor.

Not to mention the child who kept asking why your nose was so small, but overall it was a nice visit.

But why would she come back so late? Especially since the large amount of monsters that congregate in the nearby areas at night.

You got up and approached the door, you unlocked the lock and then opened the door I think you will find today's dear lady but you were surprised when you did not find anything like that.

What the hell?

a sense of confusion invaded you as you stepped out the door and checked left and right, was that a joke? maybe some village kids?

Nah was not possible, they would never let them out and with the amount of monsters out there even those little things would understand the danger.

You did not notice anything strange and you were starting to wonder if you had imagined it, but your attention was caught by the amount of fog that had accumulated that evening, very unusual as it had been sunny all day. .

A sudden shiver went through your back and you immediately started warming up with your hands.

And to think that today I was sweating

You said as you returned to your home you immediately received a pleasant sensation of warmth given by your fireplace.

You finally started eating, that day you prepared [favorite dish] to celebrate the first day in your new home, you were enjoying the food until you felt a new shiver down your spine.

A feeling of uneasiness invaded you as you cautiously checked around you,

It wasn't like the cold shiver you felt a few minutes ago, your skin was starting to sweat and you couldn't calm your head that kept telling you to check home, even though you were sure you were alone ...
You jumped when a creak came from the window behind you, but you quickly calmed down to see what caused this whole situation.