Chapter 3

The bell rings once again and students leave their classrooms and crowd the corridor. Scott his stood at his locker, watching Allison as she heads to hers on the opposite side of the hall. She catches him watching her a smiles at him before distracted by Lydia.

"That Jacket is absolutely killer, Where'd you get it?" Lydia says approvingly

"My mum was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco"

"And you are my new best friend" Lydia says pointing at her and giggling slightly before Jackson, the boy who had a go at Scott earlier about the Porsche came up behind her.

"Oh hey Jackson" Lydia says in surprise before planting a kiss on him.

"Can someone please tell me how the new girl has been here the whole of five minutes and she's already hanging out with Lydia's clique" says a girl who approaches Scott and Stiles.

"Cause she's hot" Stiles replies as though it is the most obvious thing, "beautiful people hurt together" he says shrugging his shoulders as though that's just life.

"So this weekend there's a party" Lydia begins

"A party?" Allison asks

"Yeah Friday night, you should come" Jackson says inviting her to the party as he snakes his arm around Lydia's waist.

"Uh, I can't it's family night this Friday, thanks for asking."

"You sure, everyone's going after Lacrosse"

"You mean like football?"

"Footballs a joke here," Jackson says smirking slightly, "the sport here is lacrosse, we've won state championship for the past three years" He says now beginning to boast.

"Because of a certain team captain" Lydia says turning to Jackson

Scott still wasn't sure how or why he was able to hear their conversation so well as they were across the hall but he could, and at this moment he didn't care, all he cared about was Allison.

-

"But if you play, I'll have no one to talk to on the bench, are you really going to do that to your best friend" Stiles says to Scott as they head towards the Lacrosse field in their maroon colored kit.

"I can't sit out again, my whole life is just sitting on the sideline, this season I make first line" Scott says as he watches Allison and Lydia make their way to a seat on the bench, as Allison looks up she sees Scott looking at her, smiling gently she continues her way to her seat.

"McCall, your in goal!" Shouts the coach as he throws a larger lacrosse stick and helmet to Scott.

"But I've never played" he says trying to protest

"I know, scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost, it's a first day back thing, get them energized, fired up" Coach says with enthusiasm.

"What about me?"

"Try not to take any in the face" Coach says before turning round to shout at the other team members leaving Scott feeling a little underwhelmed.

"Who is that?" Allison asks Lydia as she nods towards Scott standing in goal.

"I'm not sure who he is, why?"

"He's sits in front of me in my English class"

Suddenly the referee blows his whistle, as Scott had been concentrating on Allison and Lydia's conversation this made the whistle louder and ear aching for Scott.

The first ball comes hurtling towards Scott as he is still trying to cover his ears from the screech of whistle, but it's too late, when he looks up the ball is coming straight for him and hits him right in the face of the helmet. The makes the coach laugh to himself.Scott gets himself back up, but this time he is determined.

Each player then has an attempt to score a shot, but to everyone's surprise he catches every single one, even Stiles can't quite believe it. As captain of the team Jackson was thoroughly annoyed and believes Scott can't be this good. Soon enough Jackson is racing down the field with a ball in his Lacrosse stick ready to shoot. Jackson hurtles the ball with such force towards Scott, but he still manages to catch it. Stiles is impressed and stands up with such pride for Scott.

The Audience are cheering, including Lydia who rises to her feet clapping her hands which Jackson notices but Lydia ignores his stern glare and continues to cheer for Scott.

To finish practice he throws the ball towards the referee who catches it and seems bewildered by Scott's talent.