Chapter Ten

CHAPTER | TEN | UMAYMAH | POV

Friday had finally rolled around and knowing that I would get to see the house I'm going to be sharing with Shoaib from tomorrow was exciting. As much as I hated that we'd been bought a house, it did take away the stress of having to be modest even at home in front of my in laws. Not that I minded.

What I minded was that from tomorrow I would have to be sharing a whole house with a boy, which I've never experienced before. But there was no point of making a deal out of it as I knew this day was going to come sooner or later. I tried not to dwell on that part too much as I placed my shoes back on after Jummah prayer.

Assia finally showed up to school after her no show yesterday. Consequently she got my history textbook thrown at her - good thing she missed it. Now I just stood impatiently waiting for her to finish talking to one of the many girls who had just finished praying with us. It felt like forever until she moved towards me.

"You should learn to be more patient you know." I simply glared at her but grabbed her hand and more or less ran out of school. We couldn't go to the masjid for Jummah since it was during school times.

"I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't." I quoted Sheldon from 'Big Bang Theory' and she laughed. A few minutes later I joined in too.

"Okay, so I get that you're excited to go see this new house of yours but do you mind not shoving me into people along the way?" I have her a sheepish smile not realising that me rushing has caused her to bump into a few people.

I asked Assia if she wanted to come with me but she insisted that she needed to help with the wedding. Again I was disappointed but I was still happy of her putting so much effort into my own wedding than I was even allowed to. My smile grew wider knowing she wanted the best for me.

"Sorry man I'm just anxious. You sure you don't wanna tag along?" Silently I prayed that she changed that stubborn mind of hers to accompany her best friend in seeing the house she'd have to be sharing from tomorrow with a very intimidating boy.

I realised that even though I wasn't scared of him, I was still intimidated by the things he did or how he spoke to me. It made me restless to know how he could be angry one minute and then calm the next - but I guess we all have bad days. His just seemed to be all year round.

"Nope. Have loads to do before tomorrow. By the way don't forget to wake up bright and early tomorrow; I won't be going easy on you with the make up." I groaned out loud. There was no regret from me to let Assia do my make up because she knew exactly how to apply the substances and make you look flawless while doing it. Unlike me; unskilled unless it came to eyeliner. I would never let her touch my face even on special occasions but tomorrow topped the list of being a 'special' occasion.

"I promise to be up early. Not that I'll get any sleep anyway." I grumbled but knew she heard my from the chuckle she threw in my direction.

We came to a stop in front of aunty Aliza's house and like she'd been doing all week, she went inside the house saying she would call my future mother in law out so we could go. I sighed and leaning against the side of the door thinking how fast this week had gone and that tomorrow I would be a married woman.

Apart from yesterday I hadn't seen or talked to Shoaib for the whole week and that made me curious, because I didn't know how he was feeling about this. Sure he agreed, but why?

"Asalaamalaikum Umaymah, ready to go?" I turned around and gave my future mother in law a smile and a hug.

"Walaikumasalaam, yeah let's do this!" I half shouted in enthusiasm and she shook her head but walked towards her car while I followed behind her. It was way too generous of her to do this, however she wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to the house.