Chapter 2- Opal

Pink, blue or amber. It was hard to choose, for Opal at least. In life Opal didn't want to be pretty, but when it came to clothes,—for school— she did. And today, she was stumped.

She could either wear a pink long dress, fading into purple, with a rose crown on her forehead and a white shimmery cape. A flowy sky blue skirt, with a black top and blue tiny flowers weaved through her hair. Or, an amber frilly dress with gold sash and a gold flower by her ear.

She had to choose one, and with A LOT of  thinking, she chose...

The pink!!!

After she got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth, she went over to her spectacle mirror— Katile. "Hey Katile! How do I look?" Opal asked as the tiny girl appeared in the corner of the mirror. "Awesome! But you could get some red shoes to go with it." Opal ran to her wardrobe and grabbed a pair of shiny red shoes. 

"Bye Katile. Got to go!" She barely Heard the tiny girl's response before she ran down the stairs. "Bye mom, bye dad!" She yelled. She quickly ran up to the leapmaster 500. "Foxfire." When the right crystal appeared in front of her, she took a deep breath.

Foxfire, here I come, she thought as she stepped into the light...

Opal rushed through the level four campus—trying to find her locker. Finally, she found it—number six. Befor she could open her locker and find her schedules, a round of applause silenced all of the talking in the room.

"Hello Foxfire prodigies!" Magnate Dalo said cheerfully. Opal was about to lick her DNA sensor until...

"Ouf!" She exclaimed, a girl— who looked a lot like her— had bumped into her. "Get out of my way," the girl snapped as she pushed Opal aside. Opal sighed, she wished she could have the same confidence that the girl had. I'm just a hopeless nobody  she thought sadly.

She licked her DNA sensor and opened her locker. Inside was her schedule, school map and, her uniforms. She took out her schedule. She had Elementalism, PE, agriculture, lunch, multispecial studies. 

Opal was excited to do agriculture but, she wasn't excited to have Barth the reaper for her teacher.  She loved flowers and plants. She wanted to find a new place for the gnomes to live and start a mini farm.

It would be amazing to live with gnomes. She grabbed her school map and headed towards the gym. Opal watched as everyone else found their friends. 

Opal stood in the corner of the room.

She spotted the same girl who had knocked her down with two other girls. Finally, lady Axeline came. She showed all the level fours the dance routine. "How marvellous, Sapphire," all heads turned to the girl who knocked Opal down—Sapphire.

When lady Axeline came to Opal, Opal messed up the dance. Luckily, Opal quickly fixed her mistakes.

After what felt like eternity, it was time to go home. "Hi, hon," Opal's dad—Shynik— said as she opened the door. "Kelpyface has been waiting for you," Opal picked up her murcat and headed to her room.

She practiced and practiced the dance for the opening ceremony. After the fifth practice, she started yawning. She got her pjs on and hopped into bed. She heard her father come in to the room. "Good nig..." before she could finish, she fell asleep.