How It All Began

Chapter 1: How It All Began

I.S Academy Dormitory

Ichika Orimura, the lone male pilot of the Infinite Stratos exoskeleton, or I

Ichika Orimura, the lone male pilot of the Infinite Stratos exoskeleton, or I.S. for short, is seen laying on his bed in his dorm room at I.S Academy. The young pilot, who was first discovered to use a machine only women were able to use, was incredibly tired from the day he had. He remained laying on his bed as if he lost the ability to move, or much sit up. He found himself feeling exhausted a lot more often ever since his second year of academy life had begun, usually returning to the dorm after each of his days had passed. Ichika Orimura had lately started to feel little to no enjoyment from doing much of anything anymore. This was due to him feeling lost in a school that viewed him as insignificant when compared to other students, who were all female.

Even his own sister, Chifuyu, who took him in and raised him ever since he was a child, treated him just as much like a loser, if not more so. Not only did she hurt him herself, both physically and verbally, but she also allowed and turned a blind eye to other students abusing, belittling, attacking, and even attempting to kill him on numerous occasions. The young boy showed a face of defeat plastered on his face as he let out a single sigh of distress. It was then that he started getting lost in his own thoughts again. Every time he got like this, a single question would bounce around in his mind: How did things turn out like this? How did his older sister, someone who he once viewed as a shining golden knight in armor, turn into such a rusted copper copy? How could his sister, someone he used to look up to and aspire to be, turn into such a cold-hearted and selfish witch? It was not only her though.

All around him he saw the same thing: friends and allies who he thought started out with both kind hearts and strong morals, later turn into cruel, ignorant, and spiteful individuals who believed they were as untouchable as goddesses. Every time he thought about it, one thing came to his mind. The one single reason that caused all of this to happen in the first place. The Infinite Stratos itself. At first, he shrugged it off thinking that there was no way that Infinite Stratos caused his upbringing into an unfair living hell. However, the more he thought about it, the more it started to make sense. It was the I.S that created the rift between the two sexes. It was the I.S. that caused all these women to believe that they were better than everyone else. It was the I.S. that took away his sister for who she originally was, and replaced her with the loathsome shell walking in her place. Every time he thought about it, which he had found himself doing more frequently, one person came to mind. The very person that started this female-dominant world and, with it, brought upon all of this inequality, injustice, and misery to him in the first place.

Ichika: (in a cold emotionless voice) "Tabane."

    Tabane Shinonino. Creator of the Infinite Stratos, and childhood friend of his older sister. Despite her cheery and childlike personality on the outside, she is an even bigger monster on the inside. A woman who abused her own machines to play god, and terrorize the world as if it were her own personal playground.