Tyir's Glow

"No person is your friend (or kin) who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."-Alice walker

All eight council members stood on the deck as a man boarded the ship.

"Name?" He asked, voice monotonous as he looked through his papers.

"Scarlett Mongrels." Leah spoke, as is customary.

"Alright, workers will be here momentarily to unload the shipment." He turned and left.

Nyx appreciated the efficiency of the dock master. She hates dealing with dock work so her, Leah and Thea took Vex into the city.

The second ship should be ready in a few hours along with the other half of the crew.

They didn't spend much time in Aspet. Supplies and ammunition. They also set Vex up with some clothes and a personal sword before they set sail once more.

With everything calm and comfortable the crew sat around deck with various drugs and alcohol circulating them. By the time Vex got the bag she hesitated. The unknown substance in the bag felt ten times heavier than it actually was.

"You chew on the roots." Nyx explained as she sat next to her. That wasn't Vex's problem though. She'd seen drugs rip people apart, some of whom were family. Including HIM.

She slowly placed a piece in her mouth almost regretting the decision but it took affect immediately.

Her mind clouding as she accidentally swallowed.

"Uh oh. Someone's gonna have fun tonight." Nyx laughed as Vex spiralled quickly.

Saka roots are extremely potent and to swallow one is equivalent to flying.

By the time she was given a mug of Ale she was so thirsty she downed the whole thing in seconds.

As the party went on people started playing music singing and dancing. Vex let loose and danced with several of the others.

Most of the crew were as intoxicated as her but Nyx stayed sober for the most part.

She was just happy seeing them enjoying themselves as she pondered Vex's situation.

If she is an Other than she would have power Nyx could only dream of. The guardians normally killed Others before they discovered their power.

Vex was well on her way to that realisation and Nyx feared the outcome. Paired with her experience she could be strong enough to take on anything.

Another thought entered her mind and she moved quickly to gather her council.

Most of them were relatively sober so it wasn't hard to get them to her cabin.

They all grumbled and groaned about missing the party.

"Whats with the rush. We can't meet in the morning?" Alexis complained.

"No, this is an urgent matter." She spoke clearly halting the complaints. "As most of you may know, Vex is an Other. There's something different about her though. No guardians have been spotted anywhere near. If Vex discovers her power we can utilise it."

It was silent in the room before Thea spoke up. "I won't use Vex. Those powers could get her killed."

"That's why I want you to train her. Teach her control without giving too much away."

"Clem. I don't think this is such a good idea." Leah finally spoke up. "If she turns on us then what?"

Nyx thought for a minute. "We could convince her she needs us." June suggested.