Lost and found

[LEE/LAYLA (Narrating): Previously, on "The Walking Dead"]

SENATOR SAM: That's right, consider your options carefully pal. Because... I know guys who'd have just as much fun with your boy, as I did with your wife.

LAYLA: LEE PLEASE!

VINCE: Just call me Vince...

Shawn watched as another man dressed in prison attire stomped mercilessly on the head of one of the undead before moving on and dispatching a few others

VINCE: And that thing over there us what you'd call a "Danny"

[Lee's Voice Message]

[LEE: "I don't even know... if you two are even still out there, or whether or not you're even still alive, but Layla, Shawn, if you find this...

SHAWN: (Sobbing) H-He's.. he's...

LAYLA: He's alive Shawn... he's alive

VINCE: So we're off to Savannah?

Layla smiled

LAYLA: We're off to Savannah

*VRROOOOOOOOOOM*

VINCE: N-NO! DANNNNNNNNY!

VICTOR:  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you three probably came here to check out those gunshots...

DAMIAN: Whoever the person or persons responsible are, there playing a very dangerous game, and I do love a good challenge

placing his hand on Sheldon's shoulder, Damian turned to Layla with a smile

DAMIAN: This sick bastard here helped me come up with one of, if the the most powerful weapon on the planet, and I ain't talking about the gun itself...

SHAWN: I told you, you were going to die today

THE COMMANDER: From me, to you...

Uttering his final words, Damian Graves took the shot

*BANG!*

LAYLA: I need to hear you say it buddy

SHAWN: (Whimpering) Keep... moving... forward

LAYLA (Adolescent): W-Will I ever see you again?

Lee turned to face Layla, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. Opening his mouth, Lee spoke...

LEE (Adolescent): *Chuckle* Yeah, Sooner than you think actually, goodbye, Layla

*BANG!*

[End of Recap]

Now...

In the desolate town of Nunez, Georgia, the air was thick, the only sound were the moans of the undead as they shuffled about endlessly in their eternal search for living flesh. The remnants of civilization were scattered throughout the streets, remnants of a once vibrant community now reduced to a haunting graveyard. Now, the one and only source of life within, was a young eight-year-old child. Shawn Everett sighed as he stared at the garbage can in front of himself, not exactly keen on what he had to next...

SHAWN: (Disappointedly) Here we go again

Shawn leaned closer to the garbage can, carefully sifting through its contents. His eyes scanned for any signs of discarded food that might still be salvageable. The stench of decay hung heavy in the air, adding to the grimness of his task. A can of dog food caught Shawn's attention. He cautiously picked it up, inspecting it for any signs of spoilage. To his relief, the can seemed relatively intact...