Blood Moon

Unedited

When  Jeongguk decided to hunt that night, he didn't expect to stumble on a certain brunette who always made his heart stop...well it had already stopped once 350 years ago, but metaphorically.

He never expected to witness his worst nightmare that night.

One of the oldest and most powerful vampires on earth, Jeon Jeongguk was an exceptionally handsome and heartbreaking specimen. His pale skin and blood red lips. His crimson red eyes and his inked arms. The black ink stood out on his white skin like moon in a dark night sky.
He knew the effect he had on both humans and other cold ones of the night.

In a world where humans, vampire and all the other creatures that were once known as a myth co-existed, it wasn't hard for the vampires  to get their fill...both  hunger and lust.

There were several blood brothels open and running in its full glory  at the late hours of night. He had stopped going to the brothels for sex ever since he met the brunette. Now they were just a source of blood to him. Or he could always get a host, because no one denied to offer their blood to the Jeon.

In fact, there are many girls and guys on a queue to be his host and be intimate with him.

But the stunning  vampire who was once a playboy, back in the 1960s, got tied down by a very innocent brunette with a very kind heart.

And that kind heart is  the very reason why they couldn't have a forever.

"Gukkie..please listen to me. I can't live without you"

"You can Tae. You are not safe with a damned soulless creature like me. "

"Gukkie. Is this about me asking you to turn me?" The boy had tears streaming down his chubby cheeks.

"Yes. I can't do that to you Taehyung "

"Jeongguk what part of I love you and I want to spend an eternity with you don't you understand!! Do you know how hard it is to live thinking that I'll get older and uglier than you with every single passing day."

"You are an angel baby. I won't turn you into a bloodthirsty monster like me" Jeongguk was desperate to determined to make the other stay away from him. He knew that if they were together, Taehyung would eventually convince him to turn him.
"You are not " Taehyung whispered the second he said those words. And how much he wished the brunette was right. But he was not. Jeongguk was a monster and will be a monster.

So he decided to give their love up, his lover was better off without him. Or that's what he thought.

"You can't decide that for me!!! Don't do this to us Gukkie...please " Taehyung was on his knees now and it broke the vampires dead heart. But he turned his face blank and cold. He forced his heart to be frozen.

"Its time for me to let you go Taehyung. "

"I love you Jeongguk "

I love you more Taehyung....

"Good bye Taehyung. Take care "

And Jeongguk ran away from Taehyung's life...

So when he met the said brunette,  cornering a human who was pleading to be not killed, he didn't know what to think.

He could see the changes. And the blood red eyes and the strong scent told him that Taehyung was not turned long ago. Maybe two days.

And Jeongguk knew for sure that, when Taehyung comes down from his hunger induced hazy state, he is gonna die of guilt if he hurt this guy.

"Taehyung..you don't want to do this."

The very familiar voice had the brunette freeze on his actions. It's been two years but it still felt like yesterday when he listened the voice for the last time.

Taehyung slowly turned around and the human ran away with his life. And the brunette was about to chase the other down when Jeongguk held his arm.

"Tae..baby...I know all you can focus now is your thirst but please don't do this. You'll regret it "

Taehyung calmed down from his adrenaline rush and stared at the ravenette.

The older vampire looked exactly the same. But there was something missing in his eyes. Taehyung couldn't see the light in it.

That's when he realized what was really happening. It's Jeongguk.  The love of his life. The one who shattered his heart.

Taehyung tugged him arm out of the other's hold and put a distance between them.

"And who do you think you are to tell me that. You don't know me "

"Taehyung. Look...I know you are mad at me."

"Mad? I hate you. I..I fucking hate you. You left me because you didn't want me to be damned. Well...newsflash Jeon Jeongguk. I am a vampire now!! And a very bloodthirsty one at that! "

Jeongguk didn't know what to say. This was what he was always afraid about. And he didn't know how it happened or who did this.

"How..who.."

"Does it matter? Whatever...why am I even talking to you. It wasn't nice meeting you Jeon. "
And the brunette ran away like a flash and Jeongguk could have surely outrun him if he wanted to but he didn't know what to do after chasing him down.

Taehyung hated him now. The love of his life...hated him now and was what he never wished him to be.

That night, Jeongguk went home after getting a blood pack from the nearby blood bank. He hated the packed one but he wasn't in the mood to go hunt.

It was around 3 at night, and the ravenette couldn't get his love, out of his mind. He wished to be able to hold him again. He wished to hear those deep velvetty giggles. He wished to hear those sinful moans when he was making love to him. He wished to listen to his whines.
He wished to have him back...he has always missed him but he never wished for him to be back because he couldn't be near the other. But now that the worst has already happened...he  couldn't help but wish that he had never let the other go.

And startling him out of his thoughts, there was a knock on his door.

Jeongguk gracefully and elegantly flashed towards the door and opened it to have his breathe caught in his lungs. Metaphorically.

There stood Taehyung,  his brown locks fluttering in the night breeze. His pale skin shining against the midnight black. But his eyes were blank. And when he opened his lips to utter those words, Jeongguk had his mind freeze.

"I'm here as you wished, master"

To be continued...