Chapter 1

Harry sat at the window sill, his eyes dancing across the valley below. He knew Hermione would kill him if she knew what he had planned. He waited patiently though copious amounts of anxiety steadily consumed his heart.

He watched as a blonde boy traversed down the hillside, straight toward the target he had expected.

The Whomping Willow.

He didn't have to look twice to know it was none other than Draco Malfoy.

He could pursue him now but he knew that would be unwise. He would wait until he witnessed who else would be attending this death eater meeting. Not to mention he stood less of a chance of getting caught.

He suspected that at any moment, his eyes would fall upon his potions professor. He knew Snape was still a death eater, yet no one seemed to believe him. Tonight would prove to confirm this fact.

He watched as twilight dissipated, giving way to the night as darkness consumed the sky.

His eyes fell upon their target. He watched as Snape weaved his way down the hillside, his head darting in various directions as he did so. He didn't wish to get caught, it was a trait Harry was soon to inherit.

It was time.

Harry collected his wand before sliding it into his robes. He whisked his invisibility cloak from his truck before cascading it over his body. He was fortunate to be in possession of such an item. It only made the possibility of succeeding that much more likely. He made his way down the stairs. He wasted no time as he headed out the castle door. His eyes searched the surrounds before trudging through the muddy grass.

He stood before the temperamental tree, trying decipher if it were aware of his presence. He crept further forward before making a run for it. He slid into the hollow before stepping cautiously down the familiar hallway. He could hear voices further down the path, though he struggled to make out what they were saying.

He would soon find out as he stumbled silently up the hallway towards the dining area. He was certain that's where they had all congregated.

He wasn't wrong as the room came into sight. The group was larger than Harry had been anticipating as his eyes ran over the attendants. Some of them he recognised, some of them he didn't. Lucius Malfoy, Draco of course. His face screwed up as it fell on Bellatrix. He hated her only marginally less than the dark lord. His body shuddered as his eyes fell on the monster himself.

He stood by the entryway, afraid to get any closer before becoming aware of the presence of another. The man stood several metres away from him. His eyes ran over the man before recognising him almost instantly.

Wormtail.

Of course he would be here.

Harry rolled his eyes, resisting every urge not to grab the man now and put him through his paces.

"It seems we have company." Voldemort chuckled but continued to face his congregation. It was the first set of words that had succeeding in capturing Harry's attention.

The words prompted the young wizard's heart to pound as he instinctively steeped back. He had to be prepared to run at a moments notice. Was Voldemort referring to him? But how could he possibly know he was there? He stood still, watching as the scene played out before his eyes.

Voldemort turned his attention in Harry's direction, as though knowing he was there. Harry instinctively avoided eye contact, although he felt as though the man was staring straight through him.

"Grab him." Voldemort stated coldly as Harry felt strong hands grasp him with a brute force. He felt himself being dragged towards the table before being tossed on top of the wooden contraption.