I fumbled, trying my best not to drop the tray as I placed it down on the table.

Prying my eyes away from the man, I smiled and checked the clock.

"I just want to let you all know we are closed now, so if you don't mind finishing up soon that would be much appreciated," I said, ignoring the fact that I'd probably get yelled at for saying it.

The group all nodded and were ready to pay within the next ten minutes or so.

The man with the icy blue eyes stood at the register while the one who ordered rang the bell a thousand times.

I came out from the back room and slowly moved the bell off the counter while typing into the cash register.

"I apologize for my friends and I staying so long after closing, Miss... Y/n, we did not intend to inconvenience you in any way," the man said, reading my name tag.

"Zane, we're gonna go sit in the van," a girl said while leaving. Zane waved them on and turned back to me, handing me a credit card.

I swiped it as he spoke again.

"Miss, I was wondering if you would be interested in providing me with company to dinner some evening?" He asked, shifting slightly.

My stomach churned slightly in anticipation as I tried my best to look him up and down stealthily.

"O-oh sure! I'd like that," I said, handing the card back to the man.

He smiled, and wrote a phone number down on the back of an order sheet, giving it to me and bidding me goodbye.

"I look forward to it, Miss Y/n."

I forced myself not to giggle like a schoolgirl. "Yeah, so do I."

"LEE LEE LEE," I yelled into my phone as soon as they picked up.

"Ugh, what do you want," my best friend groaned as they rubbed sleep from their eyes.

"I have... a date?" I stared at my screen waiting for a reaction as I texted Zane from my notification bar.

Lee perked up. "A date? Are they cute?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah obviously he's cute or else I wouldn't be going. Actually- hold up I'll show you."

I texted Zane, informing him I needed a picture of him to "set as his contact picture"

He sent one of himself and a blonde guy with green eyes smiling at the camera while the man who was dressed all in blue made a face at the camera from in between them.

I snickered as I sent the picture to Lee, as well as setting it as his contact picture.

"Which one?" They asked, "Wait it doesn't matter they're all hot."

"Ew," I said simply, "it's the platinum blond one."

"Ooh he is cute. Does he smell good? Wait- is he secretly a murderer?"

I giggled. "No, he's not a murderer. At least- I hope he's not a murderer," I said, "we're planning for this Friday so I guess I'll find out then."

Friday came around fast enough, giving me anxious fits every time I remembered the date.

Not wanting to invite a perfect stranger to my home, I asked Zane if he would meet me in the park nearby where I lived. He was gracious enough about settling on a part of the park for our rendezvous.

I looked myself over in the mirror, smoothing down my clothes and fixing my hair.

My phone buzzed.