gay

"what's your favourite animal?"

"it's a giraffe. why do you ask, paulie?" he replies, looking over to face the other man with a smile on his face.

"i dunno. wanted to find something else about ya." paulie hums, moving his hands towards the beside table and picking up a cigar before lighting it.

the smoke fills the air, and there's an uncomfortable silence between them. kaku breaks eye contact and joins paulie in staring at the ceiling above them in the bed.

"what's yours?" kaku speaks, voice low, almost like a whisper.

"i dunno. maybe like a dog? they're loyal and cute. or something." paulie speaks back, cigar almost slipping from his mouth as he does so.

"i didn't realise how little we really know about each other." kaku starts to speak mindlessly, before he can hear the rustling of the sheets and paulie pushing himself upwards.

"don't say shit like that. we don't need to know boring shit like our favourite animals. we know more than enough about each other for fucks sake." he talks, surprisingly calmly, before turning to face kaku who mirrors his actions and also pulls himself upwards in the bed.

kaku just smiles before musing, "yeah. i guess. i just felt bad i didn't even tell you that much, is all."

"whatever. you're being sappy. i love you even if i didn't know your favourite animal was a giraffe."

paulie leans over towards kaku, and kaku closes the gap between their lips. the kiss is chaste, quick, but is enough for them to say any unneeded words.

paulie stubs his cigar out on the ashtray before the sheets rustle again and kaku finds himself below paulie, who lowers himself to lay upon kaku's chest, head buried in his shoulder.

"we've gotta get ready for work, paulie. lucci's gonna get mad if we're late again." kaku's voice is soft, as paulie lets out a grumble of 'five more minutes'.

so, kaku does. then he forces paulie to get up. paulie doesn't look happy- causing a small laugh from kaku as he pushes himself out of the bed and goes searching for his clothes- somewhere.

"do you think that lucci's favourite animal is a pigeon?" paulie questions as he pushes himself out of the bed; joining kaku in trying to find his discarded clothes around the bed.

"100%. why else would he talk through one?" kaku laughs.

"i don't know! i was thinking it could also be a cat considering how much we argue." paulie shouts out, face red in some type of petty embarrassment.

"dunno. maybe. pigeon number 1 and cat number 2 maybe?"

"whatever. shut up. i wanna leave."

"okay, paulie. mr doggy. my beautiful boyfriend."

"shut it mr giraffe. you're such a loser."