Belgium: Part Two

(Still not really Belgium but oh well)

Carlos knew he shouldn't talk to Charles before he was ready. Charles needed time to figure things out and Carlos would respect that. But that didn't stop him from wanting to run across the garage and start begging for forgiveness again.

Charles had started hanging out with Max more, and he tried not to let himself get jealous. He had no right to. Carlos himself had to use all his willpower from going back to Lando. Not for anything more than a shoulder to cry on, but he knew that wouldn't be good for anyone. Lando wouldn't get over his own feelings and Charles would probably assume the worst.

He wouldn't stop Lando from talking to him, that would seem cruel. Most of the grid had planned to go out before break was over, and when Lando suggested that they go clubbing together he accepted with a smile.

In his hotel room, he combed his newly cut hair back and applied Bvlgari Man Wood Essence cologne. He pulled on a light blue polo and pants that looked like something Gus from Psych would wear. Carlos smiled to himself, remembering how obsessed Charles was with the show.

His phone buzzed on the nightstand. Lando texted him, letting him know he was ready. He grabbed his phone and went downstairs, retrieving his car from the valet. He picked Lando up at his hotel, heading to the club in a sexy midnight purple Ferrari.

Lando immediately took over the AUX and played Jack Harlow. Carlos rolled his eyes, but didn't stop him. They drove in a comfortable silence. Carlos didn't know if Lando still had feelings for him or not, but their dynamic had returned to friendly banter, and for that he was grateful.

The floor practically shook with how loud the base was in the club. Strobing lights made it hard to concentrate, but when his eyes landed on Charles, he couldn't look away. He was leaning against the counter, already a few drinks in. He threw back another. His hair stuck to his forehead, face glistening with sweat. He didn't notice Carlos until he was at the other side of the room. He handed off another drink to a brunet man, and Carlos couldn't help but think that there was something familiar about him

"He kind of looks like you," Lando said, leaning in to be heard over the music. Carlos turned to find Lando staring in Charles's direction, eyes narrowed. Carlos followed his eyeline and found that yes, the stranger sort of did look like him. The same fluffy hair, dark eyes, and sharp profile. Some emotion Carlos couldn't name bloomed within him.

He was laughing at something Charles was saying. Charles was laughing too, head tilted back, the lights of the club carving out his features in pink, blue, and purple. Carlos barely registered Lando leaning in again, telling Carlos he was going to go order drinks. When he didn't answer, Lando tapped him on the shoulder, asking what he wanted.

At the same moment Charles turned away from the look alike. His eyes wandered the club for a moment, searching. People walking across the floor cut off his line of sight, but when they passed, Charles was staring straight at him. His eyes went wide, and then they landed on Lando, his hand still on Carlos's shoulder. Carlos quickly brushed him away. "A Negroni, thanks," he answered, praying that Lando would walk away. He did.

Charles' eyes followed Lando as he disappeared into the crowd before snapping his gaze back to Carlos. His mouth twisted into a frown before schooling it back into a pleasant smile. He leaned in to whisper something to the look alike, his eyes still on Carlos.

The stranger leaned forward. Charles' hand easily moved to the nape of his neck, gripping the hair there. Time slowed as Charles leaned in to meet the stranger. From this angle, Carlos couldn't tell when their lips met, but it was clear that they had. Charles looked away only for a moment, knowing Carlos was looking at him. He deepened the kiss.