Prologue

Prologue:

"Chloe, there's something we need to talk about." Christi's voice was soft and sympathetic as she spoke to her daughter Chloe, who was sitting across the kitchen table from her.

"Paige hasn't been well." Christi continued, referring to one of Chloe's closest friends.

"What do you mean? She seemed fine to me." Chloe muttered, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

________

"Paige's parents noticed some strange behaviour..." Jill fought to find the right words.

"I didn't notice anything." Jill's daughter Kendall answered quietly.

"Kendall, Paige would lie awake at night muttering to herself. She hasn't slept in weeks." Jill replied softly.

________

"Her parents decided it would be best if she got help." Holly explained to her daughter Nia, who was perched on the couch beside her.

"Help?" Nia questioned.

"They're putting her in a psychiatric hospital." Came Holly's sympathetic response.

________

"No!" Maddie cried, her sudden outburst causing her mother to flinch.

"They can't do that! She was at school just yesterday— and she was fine!" Maddie threw her hands in the air in disgust.

"What are me, Chloe, Kendall, and Nia supposed to do? We've been, like, the five musketeers since forever!" Maddie continued to rant, completely ignoring her mother who quietly uttered "not anymore," as she shook her head in pity for her daughter.

(A/N: hey guys! This is my new story! It's slightly based off of Pretty Little Liars, so there will be some similarities. I hope you all enjoy it!)

(UPDATE 09.26.16: thank you all SO much for 10k reads! 10 000? That's crazy! Your support means the world to me!)