1

It was starting of spring, march. My family had been planning this trip since last year december. It was supposed to be a trip for my mother's business to transport something which I had no interest in whatsoever. It was a trip to a small village that still functioned on the monarchy system. It was supposed to be a 3 days trip which got extended to one week and then to a month. Had I known I'd meet the second girl who'd ruin my life, would I still have gone there?

"I do not want to go."
I said firmly, refusing to budge from my place. My mother sat beside my bed and spoke sweetly but in a persuasive tone,
"Honey please."

"No. You can go on without me. You've always gone on your business trips without me, why do you suddenly want to take me with you this time?"
I placed my attention back on my phone. She then angrily snatched my phone and said,
"Young lady, you've wasted a month laying idly in the house. It's time for you to go out and enjoy life. You're not getting your phone back unless you get your ass out of the room and go to this trip with me!" 

"What!? That's so unfair!! You've never cared what I do so why are you "
And then she left.
With my phone.

The next day, i was hesitant but i packed up my suitcase and unwillingly got into the car. My mother kissed my cheek, "Good girl." i rolled my eyes and took my phone from her hand.

She pulled out black-tinted sunglasses and wore it on her face. I looked at her and said, "Really mom? We're in a car and its cloudy today."

She huffed and said, "Its called 'fashion', my daughter." 

"Fashion, my ass..."
I muttered which she hopefully didn't hear.

Our driver started the car and there we went to the village. I took out the suitcases and strolled behind my mother to the giant house, it was not a castle. It just looked like a giant traditional house. But it sure was huge.

We were greeted by a few servants on the entrance and they took our luggage. One servant escorted us to the main room. My mother walked up to a man first and enthusiastically chatted with him. He looked simple yet royal so I was guessing that he was king. My mother had already filled me up on the details of the village during our ride.

Mr. Toshiba, my mother's business partner entered the room from a different entrance and when he saw me his face lit up. We are pretty close and he's a friendly man who's a good companion and understanding. We get along pretty well, he gets along with almost everyone due to his outgoing personality. When he saw me, he came towards me and ruffled my hair. Messing it up. I was happy to see him and he seemed like he was too.

"You punk, how have you been? I rarely get to see you these days, huh." He smiled as he said.
"I just don't feel like socializing these days." Mr. Toshiba raised his eyes, "Not even with me?"
"No. Of course that's not the case... haha"
I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

He then walked towards my mother and slapped her shoulder in a friendly manner, "I've finished bringing the products here, it's your time to work now."
"It's not a big deal, we just have to give them around the village. I am mainly here for a vacation with my daughter so you should enjoy yourself too, Toshiba."

Mr. Toshiba shakes his head,
"I don't intend to stay here for long, I'll be leaving after two days. You girls can have fun."
I was a little disappointed but didn't bother to ask him to stay since I didn't have the energy nor did I have the will. It took eight hours just to get here and I was exhausted, I just wanted to go to be-

"Sera, this is Ms. Ane.
The queen and Mr. Hiroshi, the king." My mother introduced.
I tried to overcome the urge but failed and bowed the respect. The royalties were taken back and laughed whole-heartedly. The queen said, "Oh, dear, you didn't have to. You're such a sweetheart."

I was confused because I thought it was always a necessity to respect elders and they were ROYALS. I couldn't stand up to their level.

The queen patted my head and I felt warmth that even my mother couldn't give me, "Come, I will take you to your chamber."

I nodded and felt a faint smile creep up on my face but quickly hid it from everyone. Silently, i trudged behind her as she expected.