Chapter 2: Claustrophobia-shmobia

Day 1

Day 1

Unknown POV

When I woke up again, my head was pounding. I groaned as the light tried to penetrate through my eyelids, moving my hand to cover my eyes.

"You awake girly?" An unfamiliar voice floated through the air, making me peek my eyes open a bit. A muscular, dark skinned boy was standing over me, an unreadable expression on his face. My brain was telling me that I shouldn't trust random guys, especially when they seemed to have been watching me sleep, but something about this guy almost made me feel safe.

"Who are you?" I asked. There were a lot of questions going through my mind, but that felt like the most logical to ask first. If he couldn't answer that question, like I knew I couldn't at the moment, then there was very little chance he could answer my other questions.

"Couple hours ago that would have been one of the stupidest questions you coulda asked any of us around here, but within the last hour most of us have been getting our names back, me included. I'm Alby." He explained, holding a hand out to me. I tentatively grabbed it, a bit surprised when he quickly pulled me to my feet.

"What about you girly? Got your name back yet?" Alby asked me. I blinked, trying to picture my name, but nothing would come to mind. With a hopeless sigh, I shook my head, looking down at the ground.

"Well, I'm sure it will come back soon. Some of these guys don't have their names back yet either." Alby said, patting my shoulder and gesturing to a group of boys spread throughout the grassy area between the four corners of wherever we were.

"How many of us are there?" I asked, looking out at the number of people.

"Twenty, and you, girly, are the only female. Not sure why. Don't worry though, I already talked to Nick and Newt. We won't let anyone bother you." Alby promised. I turned to look at him in confusion, the two names he said unfamiliar.

"Who?" I asked.

"Nick and Newt. If you remember, before you passed out, they were the two that found you. Nick was the brunette, Newt the blonde." Alby explained. The image of the blonde boy popped into my head, his golden brown eyes staring at me with concern. As I thought back to it, to the boy, it felt familiar. I replayed his voice in my head, repeating the words he said to me. As I repeated his words, another word popped into my head. British. Newt was British. That's why he had the accent. I felt a bit of calm wash over me as I finally remembered something, little as it was, but it still comforted me.

"Has anyone figured out where we are?" I asked, turning my attention back to Alby.

"No, we got no clue." Alby sighed, shaking his head in dismay. "One of the boys suggested we call it the Glade though. Something about the forest or something. Not really sure, but guess it's better to have a name for it than just going around saying wherever the hell we are. Think it brings a bit of peace to at least have a name." Alby explained.