welcome | chp 9

I was awake.

I was alive.

Breathing, panting, but so very weak.

"Nh.. no," I broke, my eyes lidding over. The sound of Yoshida's voice calling for me drowned out for a second, time slowing as I was lost in my thoughts. I was sore, and my body trembled from the pain. My brain felt so fried, and I felt heavy, so very heavy.

Just what was I doing?
I was protecting someone.
I was holding someone close.

(y/n)!

Gasping, I whipped around the room before finding her. In a flash, I bolted out of the covers, ending up pushing Yoshida out the way, and cradling over her body. She was cold, breathing heavy, and covered in sweat and mucus like a newborn baby. When my eyes laid upon her, even through all her quivering, a burning sensation struck my heart, and my lids glided down soft. Slowly, my hand reached to touch her face, fingers coating in her slime.

That wasn't enough.

I then tucked my fingers under her waist, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close to my chest, my eyes expanding at the sight of her fully. Her head was limp over her shoulder, lips parted, while her hair stuck to her face. "Welcome... (y/n)," I whispered to her, slipping a hand up to hold her head into me instead. Emotions were stirring up so bountifully in my chest, and my heart was leaping from just holding her here alone. I got to touch her, she was real!

I chuckled out a relieved sigh at her sight, overjoyed at feeling her skin and riveting fingers through her glossy, glossy hair.

My eyes caught her, and only her, at this moment as the sounds of everything and anything drowned out into oblivion. She was even more captivating in person and the evening light caught her enchanting beauty in every way. She was too darling to be real, like a princess fresh out of an English fairytale.

"Denji, what the... What was that? Who is she?" A stressed out voice would call, and yet I couldn't say anything back. I only stammered helplessly, as I didn't even know where to begin. What could I even say?

"This... Is this what you meant by that... dream girlfriend?" He croaked, hands on his head.
"Where do I even start?"

-
"What do we do with her now?" Yoshida sighed at Nayuta's question, as all of our eyes planted on the girl staring blankly at us from the mattress. She was still all slimey, incredibly groggy, and couldn't even balance her own weight.

Even now, after spending what felt like hours explaining the whole story to them, I couldn't help the smile that croaked onto my face when I glanced at her.

Whenever I looked at her I felt an indescribable feeling.
Like markers in my chest or a knot my winding up in my heart. There was no hope for the admiration that twinkled my eyes ever-so-slightly, and the warmth that made my eyelids fall.

"Who's bathing 'er?" I jotted out dazedly without thinking, unaware to the blush that was on my cheeks.

"What," Hirofumi paused in shock, "No— what? I'm not sure it would be you..."
"Aww c'mon! She's my girlfriend asshole!"

"What... that's... that's— Denji." Hirofumi was at a lost for words, frustrated as he massaged his temples. "She's probably stressed, lost, and confused... Lets not put a label on her that she has no decision in, okay?" He finally sighed. "That being said, I should wash her—" "HEY," I screeched at the pretty boy, veins erupting from my neck.

"Denji."
A silky voice called out, my angry thoughts melting away like butter.

I swear I felt my heart explode.

Gasping all girly and breathy like, I whipped my head to her with stars twinkling in my eyes. "Y-Yes?" I murmured, tripping off the couch and crawling to her. Her hand weakly raised to me, and I briskly took the hand in happily, both of my palms cupping her small ones.

Her face only lit up brighter, a faint smile growing on her sleepy person.
"Hey dickhead, don't you have a home you should be at!" I shouted back to Yoshida, already feeling the tense stare being carved into my skull. "Hmm, I should. But I don't want to leave you alone here. Besides, she needs clothes, toothbrushes, underwear—"

"Underwear?! Like bras and... Oh! I'll buy them for her don't worry," I snickered, my flush burning bright as I thought of all the clothes I could put her in. "Uh. I'll get them with Nayuta, you should stay here. As much as I regret to say this, (y/n) might only trust you. We'll only get enough clothes for three days, hopefully she recovers by then and will be able to pick her own clothes. Also make sure to wash your sheets,"

I only rolled my eyes as Yoshida bossed himself to me. He was totally talking down on me as if I didn't know this stuff already, let alone as if I couldn't think of it myself.

"Chainsaw Man," her voice suddenly called, turning all heads to her.

"I've always... wanted a white chainsaw man shirt," she forced out, her eyelids heavy as she panted. My eyes lit up at her words, a giddy sensation riding up me.
She's a fan!
She totally loves me so much! "teehee," I giggled. Eagerly, my fingers began to stroke over her knuckles, tenderly caressing her hands.

"You got it. I'll bring home some dinner, yea?" The boy called to me, a smile tugging his lips. "Ready for go Nayuta?" And after hearing no reply, I only figured she nodded and left with him.

"Denji," (y/n) called for me out of my thoughts.

Her body would twist in there bed, her hands reaching up and grabbing the piece of shirt on my shoulders. Slowly, she pulled herself toward me, now wrapping her arms around my shoulders, and burying her nose against my neck. "(y/n)," I hummed, more than eager to accept her hug.

"I'm here, I'm right here... I ain't goin' anywhere away from you!"
"Please... thank you." She hummed, her left hand's index fingers slipping down to press against her lips.

"Come on, I've gotcha'." I dug my hands under her body, shifting her around before standing straight up, and carrying her sickly body into the bathroom. She clung to me tightly, as if she had no intention of ever letting go.

As I settled her down in the bathtub, her left hand raised up to me, pressing her index fingers gently onto my lips. A spark ran down my spine at her touch, and my mind almost melted at her jester.

"I wanna live... and I want to live life with you,"
"(y/n)..."

-
Since y'all don't know how to behave!!