𝕄𝔼ℝ𝕃𝔼 𝔻𝕀𝕏𝕆ℕ

FAYE SITS AT THE TABLE WITH CARL, he has Little ass kicker in his arms happily suckling away at the bottle

FAYE SITS AT THE TABLE WITH CARL, he has Little ass kicker in his arms happily suckling away at the bottle. Maggie, Glenn, Hershel and Beth fill the other seats whilst Daryl and Oscar sit on the stairs. They eat the plain oatmeal they've eaten everyday for breakfast, it's horrible and bland but it's better than nothing.

Faye looks down at her untouched oatmeal, she hasn't had much of an appetite since yesterday. Hershel notices her lack of movement, his eyebrows scrunching together into a frown.

"You need to eat," He reminds her, drawing the groups attention to the brunette. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"I'm not hungry," Faye mumbles, trying her best to avoid eye contact with the baby in Carl's arms.

Hershel nods in understanding, his lips slightly curving up into a small smile. "Tell you what, if you eat at least half of your oatmeal, I'll let you skip dinner. Does that sound fair?"

Faye thinks for a few moments, before sending him a small nod. She gives a reluctant sigh and then sticks her spoon into the oatmeal before bringing it up to her mouth, swallowing it down. "Happy?"

The attitude in her tone earns an amused grin from Hershel. "Very."

"Everybody okay?"

Everybody snaps their heads towards the entrance of the cell block. Rick stands on the other side of the gate, his exhaustion is clear on his face and the walker blood splattered all over him adds to the look.

"Yeah, we are," Maggie responds, noticing that the rest of the group are too stunned by his sudden appearance to get their words out.

Rick nods, he opens the gate and slowly steps inside, his eyes wondering to Carl and Hershel but not to his newborn baby.

"What about you?" Hershel enquires.

"I cleared out the boiler block," Rick tells him, looking down at Carl as he spoke. Faye shifts uncomfortably that's where Lori died, just thinking about that room sends her stomach lurching.

"How many were there?" Daryl questions.

Rick runs a hand through his hair."I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back,"
He places a hand on Carl's shoulder. "Just wanted to check on Carl."

"Do you want to hold her?" Carl asks, holding his baby sister up slightly so Rick can see her. "She has mom's eyes."

Rick refuses to look at her, he turns his head to the side and starts to move towards the gate. "I have to get back."

"Rick," Glenn stands up before Rick can leave. "Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to."

Rick turns back to him, shaking his head. "No, I do." He doubles back, walking over to Daryl. "Everyone have a gun and a Knife?"