■••••••|| Chapter 1 ||••••••■

A few years ago

Location: Iceland

Liam Walsh, an 8 year old boy, was filled with joy and enthusiasm. It was his birthday. Being born in a wealthy family, Liam's birthday was a memorable one just like his every other birthday. But, that birthday was not a normal one. That birthday would change his life forever. He got lots of gifts from his beloved ones. But, there was someone in his birthday party, in disguise. She was taller than average. She was fully covered. She comes near him and gives him a locket. Liam wears it. He was the happiest person that day.

But let's see, what the destiny says..

In the midst of the ocean, a long tail full of scales drifting the ocean. Shining all the way it goes, it trying to reach the surface. And when it comes nearer and nearer to the surface of water, you can see her. Not that clear. But.. you can see her eyes shine. Her bright blue eyes shine. Faded scales on her cheeks and her blue lips trying to tell something.

1840 Iceland

Liam Walsh gets up. This was the 50th time or more that he had seen her in his dream. But.. he could never see her face. Her face remained a big mystery to him. Liam being a 15 year old boy could never figure out the real reason on why he would always dream about her. Every time he tried to identify her he would end up observing her bright blue eyes. He realizes something and grabs his mobile. He finds out that he has been sleeping for 3 hours and now that only 20 minutes are left for him to get ready. He gets ready as fast as possible and drags his suitcase down the stairs. Richard Walsh and the whole family were waiting for Liam. Richard was already exhausted and now he got frustrated too. They had to shift to London due to his business work. Richard with his cold eyes stares at Liam. Liam was not in the position to give any kind of reply to his father because he very well knew that it was his fault. Liam takes a deep breath. Liam assumed that his father would now start yelling at him but to the contrary he smiles at him. It seemed that he didn't want to spoil everyone's mood.

Everyone get into the car. Liam was not happy about leaving his native place. He wanted to live there forever but as nothing is under his control he has to remain quiet. As the car speeds up, he could see the trees pass by, he could feel the wind, he could see the bright blue sky just like her eyes. He falls asleep. Dark sky full of clouds surrounding the sun preventing most of its rays falling into the ocean. The atmosphere was frightening. It made Liam feel uncomfortable. The waves colliding with each other as the wind starts blowing. Three minutes passed by, he could hear something. He could see her fade away into the darkness of the ocean. Liam dives deep into the ocean. After diving for five minutes, he gets to see a part of tail full of scales. She stops, and balances herself in the water. Liam couldn't see her face as she was facing somewhere.
He could only see her long blue hair and tail. She was wearing a crown of flowers unfamiliar to Liam and some kind of shells. Before Liam could question her, she swims away from him as far as she could. Liam follows her. They end up coming to a very dark place. Liam inspite of feeling scared wanted to know who she was. He takes a step and another. He could then hear something coming towards him at a great speed. When he turns back, he could see those bright blue eyes infront of him. Liam gets anxious. Her blue lips telling him that he should be getting up and that his parents are worried. Liam gets puzzled. He opens his eyes to hear his father yelling. He looks around and finds himself in a hospital. Nowadays, it had become more like a disorder for him. He would always dream so deep that it would be difficult for anyone to wake him up. "We have reached London long back.. you have been sleeping the whole time" his father says. "Don't know.. What's wrong with you Liam.. " his mom sighs. "We must treat you soon... or else we may even lose you forever.. Iam scared about it.. " she adds. Liam was feeling dizzy. He wasn't feeling well. For one thing, he was worried about himself. But, more than that, he was feeling like he had fallen into a big problem or something from which he can never escape. Psychological doctors even had a talk with Liam. Liam being honest told the actual truth and that he sees a dream where he usually sees a creature inside the ocean and that it looks like a mermaid. Liam would now regret about telling it to them because he had to stay in the hospital for a week more. He was kept under observation. Walsh family was extremely worried about Liam. But being busy they all couldn't always be with Liam. One fine day, Jane Walsh gets a frantic call from the hospital.

"Jane Walsh?"

"Yeah.. who is this?"

"Well, speaking from the hospital.."

"Oh.. How's my son?.."

"The thing is.. That a problem has arisen... your son.."

"What happened to him???... Tell me that he is fine!!!"

"He is fine.. But.."

"But what??"

"He has taken an oath.."

"What oath?? He never takes any kind of oaths??? What's with him.. Suddenly??"

"Sorry to say.. But he has taken an oath that he will never ever sleep again.."

*Jane Walsh starts laughing*

"I'm sorry.. But.. This isn't possible.. Becau.. "

"Sorry for interrupting.. But he seems quite serious about it.. He didn't even have his food today.."

"Oh.. .... ..... Thanks.. For informing.."

Jane Walsh cuts the call immediately. She couldn't understand the reason behind all this. She couldn't even believe it. According to her, Liam could never stay awake especially the whole night when he would even sleep in the daytime. It was not at all possible. But, a thought's running in her mind. What if he actually doesn't sleep?

At night

Jane Walsh visits his son. Liam was all awake.
Jane asks Liam if anything is wrong with him. Liam responds with a yes, which surprises Jane. Liam further adds that he had never dreamt about anything else other than that particular mermaid which is disturbing to him. Jane consoles him and explains him about the consequences of his action and that he shouldn't do it.

"It's just a dream? For a dream.. you can't just stay awake your whole life!!! In this case, your health will deteriorate! And you will die soon! Do you want that to happen?"

"I understand... mom.. but.. the thing is.. I don't want to see her anymore.."

"You must get good sleep... Forget about the oath... You know.. How much I love you? You can't die just like that.."

Liam realizes that he was committing a mistake.

"Ok mom.. going to sleep.. but what if I never get up?"

"Let's see about it later.. doctors are always there.. they will save you.. you will always be safe.. my dear.. "

"Ok.. but.. it's 12:00 am.. How come you are here? You told me.. that you have some work tonight?"

"Oh.. the work? Well, nothing's as precious as you my son.. so.. thought of coming here.."

"Oh.. ok.. bye mom.. good night.."

"Good night.. son.."

Jane gives a smile to Liam and leaves the place.

-----------:)-----------

Dear readers,

Thanks for reading!!

Have a great day!!!

~Alien~