Piece by piece

It had been a normal day for Anon Nymous, a humble technician for Fazbear Entertainment, he was on his way to his place of work while whistling a jolly tune, completely unbothered by the traffic jam and the screams of angry drivers just as he always did.

You'd think the man was some kind of saint to be so unbothered by all the noise around him, but really he was just eager to get to his job, the Pizzaplex, despite the efforts of the managers and corporate, was probably the best job he ever had, the few people that worked there were nice and friendly, he worked in an air-conditioned room far from any snotty kids or horrendous experimental flavors and most importantly, his actual job: taking care of the animatronics.

In truth, you could barely call them that, they were far more than just endoskeletons in a suit, they had advanced artificial intelligence the likes of which the world had never seen before, they had emotions, and could feel embarrassment, sadness, and happiness! They were truly a miracle of engineering and he couldn't sing his praises to their creators enough.

If it weren't for them, he wouldn't have met some of the best friends he ever had.

'Or the loves of his life' his brain tried to add, a stray thought of a wolf and a chicken coming to his mind before he shook it off.

Falling in love with the robots was just a little too far, even to him.

Yet despite that thought, he couldn't stop a fond smile coming to his face as he finally parked his car, checking his watch and smiling at the 10:00 am it displayed, just in time, as always.

It was at that point this normal day became anything but.

The second Anon opened the doors he was immediately welcomed by... nothing, nothing at all.

"Hello? Anyone there?" he shouted after a few seconds of looking around.

He knew he was one of the only humans that still worked there after the implementation of S.T.A.F.F of course, something about not wanting robots to work on other robots but still, Chica always, and he meant ALWAYS greeted him at the door, some particular memories of her coming to greet "her favorite adult humie" even while glitched out or with a malfunctioning part came to mind, and even if she thinks he didn't see her Roxanne always followed, watching from afar behind the display cases, tail wagging in excitement.

So where were they?

Alarmed, the human ran to Chica's green room, hoping that she had simply forgotten the time.

His heart nearly stopped when he saw it was empty, her lonely guitar resting on her couch surrounded by plushies of the chicken.

The other animatronics weren't in their green rooms either, why? They only left at night when he sneaked in, yes sometimes he sneaked into his own working place after closing hours, Roxie and Chica could be very clingy when they wanted to.

But the only other reason they left was in case of an-

"Intruder" Anon whispered, eyes widening at the realization.

Immediately he ran to the nearest S.T.A.F.F bot, or at least, where he should have been.

It was at this moment he realized; he couldn't see any S.T.A.F.F bot anywhere either.

There were always S.T.A.F.F bots in every room of the pizza plex, cleaning, preparing, or doing whatever, where did they go?

Now in full panic mode, Anon quickly fished his phone out of his pocket, typing in his boss's number faster than he ever had before damn near slamming the thing in his ear.

"Ano-"

"MR FITZGERALD!" the technician shouted the second his boss accepted the call "There is something really weird going on, the animatronics aren't here and the S.T.A.F.F bots are gone!" Anon explained frantically, his heart sinking into his stomach.