chapter 1

robins hanging out with his friends as usual when one of his friends says something "dude, you really have to get a girlfriend." He says "I'm fine without one." Robin says "or can you just not get one?" "oh sure I can. Lots of girls would want me." Robin answers "You wanna bet on that?" "not just bet. THE bet." "what's that?" One of robins other friends asks "Basically, I have to make anyone fall in love with me before 2 months. Then break there heart" Robin says "and if he doesn't, he pays me 5 grand." "uhm. That's a terrible idea" he says "why? It's fun. Seeing people heartbroken" "do whatever you want. Waste your money." "So, are we on?" "I never back down from a bet." "Alright, but the thing is, I get to choose the person." "Alright fine. Who is it?" Robin asks "Finney Blake" "your joking right? I'm not even gay, and neither is he." "It's not like you actually like him. It'll be fine. Or.. do you wanna back down?" "this is so stupid." The bell rings "good luck man" Robin looks around to try and find Finney. And eventually, he finds him in the science lab. "uhm hey! Finney right?" "yeah?" Robin gets nervous "I was just wondering.. did you wanna hang out sometime? You seem cool." "you? wanna hang out with me?" "yeah?" "Oh sorry. You just don't seem like the kind of person to wanna talk to me." Robin realizes that. "Anyway... maybe tomorrow after school?" Finney doesn't know what to say, he's liked Robin for as long as he can remember. But he knew something was up. Robin had never shown any interest in him until now. Or maybe he actually does wanna hang out with- "hello?" oh. "Sorry! And sure! We can go to my house?" "sounds good! See you tomorrow!" Finney walks home with gwen smiling. "We're you just talking to Robin Arellano?!" Finney replies "uhm.. yeah! He's coming over tomorrow after school!" "ooooh." "shut up." Gwen giggling "you still like him, right?" "of course I do. I've liked him since the 2nd grade. But we're just hanging out as friends. He'd never like me" Gwen replies "cmon, you don't know that. Bruce yamada liked Vance hopper and thought he'd never like him. And look at them now."  "that's.. different." Finney says "and how is that?" "we're just friends." "mhm.. friends." Finally, after that conversation Finney arrives home. "dad we're home!" No response "he probably fell asleep again." Gwen says "Finney?" Gwen says in a sad tone "yeah? what's wrong?" "nothing.. I just need help with homework." Gwen starts giggling "alright. English again?" "Yeah! Ms Clarke doesn't explain it at all!" Finney laughs at her "are you helping me or not?" "yeah, yeah I'm coming. The morning comes, what am I gonna wear? I need to at least wear something nice for him. what? what am I saying? I've never tried to impress anyone before.. I'll just wear something casual. "FINNEY! We're gonna be late!" crap! It's already 8:15. I gotta get changed. Finney runs out the house with a piece of bread in his mouth. "Took you long enough, trying to impress him?" "what? No.. Does it look like that?" Gwen laughs "Gwen seriously! Answer me!" "last one to school loses!" Gwen laughing "GWEN!!" They both arrive at school "you lost." "nooo really?" Finney says in a sarcastic voice. He walks into class. what's this? A note? From robin? "hey. you never told me your address.. we still on for tonight?" he smiles at the note. Passing one back "sorry I completely forgot! It's ####### :)" robin passes one more "all good! I'm excited :))" Finney looks at him and smiles. The end of the day comes. "Hey!" "Oh hi! You can just walk with me and my sister if you want." "Sure!" They walk out of school in silence. A slightly awkward one "Oh hey Robin." "how do you know who I am?" Robin asks Gwen "Finney talks about you a lot."    
finneys whispers in Gwen ear "Gwen.." robins cheeks tint red. Is he.. blushing? No, why would he blush at that? I'm just getting ahead of myself. "anyway.. let's start walking. I'm hungry!" they start walking to finneys house. It's kinda awkward. Especially when normally gwen and Finney would be talking about Robin when there walking. "so, do you play any instruments?" Robin asks "no, what about you?" "I play guitar :)" He's pretty and he plays guitar? he's better than Finney thought. "that's cool! I've always wanted to learn but I can't afford one." "If you want, you can come over to mine later and I can teach you some stuff?" Robin asks "really? thank you!" "no problem! oh! Is this it?" "Yeah!" "It's really nice!" The three of them walk inside. They go to finneys room, whilst Gwen goes to the table and does her homework. "I like your room! You like science?" "yeah, it's my favourite subject. Your allowed to laugh." Robin chuckled "why would I laugh at that? science is amazing, I just suck at it." a couple hours pass by. They ended up walking to robins place. "wow. Your guitars really nice!" "thanks! I play a lot. My dad bought it for me" "where's he right now?" oh "uhm.. he passed away." Finneys heart drops "I'm so sorry. my mother died not long ago too." "It's okay, my uncle basically takes care of me. My moms always at work. Anyway.. want me to teach you a little guitar?" "Right! Sure!" "Okay, I'll do it first then you try copying me." He starts strumming some strings. he's really good "now you try." Finney tries "I suck." "cmon.. you don't suck you just need.. practice." "Here I'll guide you." he plants his hands on top of finneys. Finneys face gets super red, he then notices robins face tint a little red too. Robin why are you red? He's just for a bet. stop.. anyway would get red touching someone else's hand.. right? "you did good!" "thank you! But I should probably head home now.." Finney says "In the dark? No way. Just stay the night, I don't mind" "You sure? I don't have any clothes, it's probably not a good idea." "I have some you can borrow?" Finney doesn't know. "alright fine, I'll take the floor." "are you crazy? No, you take the bed. Your the guest." "I can't let you sleep on the floor, let's just both take the bed?" Finney, in a bed with him? oh god. "Alright fine. Thanks for the clothes btw :)" "it's all good!" they fall asleep close together.

lemme know what you think so far!

word count: 1190