gray; grown up girl stuff

Y/N L/N was indeed the newest member of Magnolia's number one guild; Fairy Tail. She got along perfectly with a lot of the members, but there was one in particular that didn't quite get the big deal about her.

Everyone in the guild LOVED her. Including Carla and Laxus. And the ice maker mage just couldn't figure out why.

Hell, she was so damn likable even Juvia didn't care whether she got near Gray or not to try and be friendly.

Juvia didn't care, but Gray sure did.

Everybody saw Y/N as this powerful wizard that needed to be respected by everyone. And you know what? Maybe she did. But quite honestly, Gray didn't think the same.

Maybe he didn't like her because she possessed Fire Devil Slayer Magic, and he Ice Devil Slayer Magic. It was the complete opposite. Or maybe he didn't like her because they're the same age and she's already being considered to be a part of the next Ten Saints. Either way, simply seeing Y/N was enough to make him angry. Shoot, he couldn't bare seeing the girl with Natsu because that just made him angrier. The two were so close they practically became best friends.

Ever since she joined about a year ago, she automatically became a proud member of Team Natsu. So Gray took it upon himself to go to as many solo missions as he could without the team noticing.

Nobody thought much of it, except for a blue-haired mage.

"Gray, darling." Juvia called out behind him.

He had invited the water mage for his next mission, because there was no way in hell he was going to be inviting Natsu, Lucy, or Erza. They'd just bring Y/N along, like always.

"What?" He couldn't help but accidentally sound rude, there were just too many thoughts in his head that were making him crazy.

Juvia's lips thinned and gaze sadly at the ground, before looking back up, "Do you really hate Y/N?"

Gray tsked, "And what if I do? What's it to you?"

"Your actions make me think otherwise."

"Yeah?" Gray halted and turned to glare. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Back at the guild hall, Y/N laughed loudly as Natsu stumbled back and collapsed with Elfman, who ended up tripping over and falling on top of Evergreen, his face squished between her breasts.

"Y/N!" Natsu shouted as he ignited his Iron Fist, ready to strike the girl without hesitation.

"Now now, Natsu," Y/N grinned as you easily caught his fist. "What have we said about the way we should treat a lady?"

"You don't count!" Natsu remarked.

"Yes, I do!" You quickly defended.

It wasn't long before everyone started their regular chaos, Lucy and Carla easily dodging everything being thrown their way.

Y/N effortlessly picked up Troy and Jet, throwing them towards Natsu and Max, leaving them groaning and stuck between the two and the wall.

You continued to laugh, unaware of the man walking up to you. Without muttering a single word, Gray grasped your wrist and pulled you away without anyone noticing. Well, a blondie did.

Once you guys made it out, you pulled your arm back, "What's up with you?" You rubbed your reddened wrist. "Why'd you bring me out here? Is there something wrong?"