Chapter 1

Regulus gasped and shot up, looking around the room frantically. He should be dead. Why wasn't he dead? He was supposed to die. Did he fail? Maybe he's already dead.

Before that train of thought could continue, Sirius burst through the door and rushed towards him.

"Where in Merlins beard am I?!"

"Your in the Order Headquarters." Sirius replied.

"Why?!"

"Reg, I don't think you understand. You were dieing, we had to s-"

"No. Why would you do that!?"

Sirius took a deep breath, "Reg, you sound like you want to die and that's kinda scaring me here."

Regulus quickly jumped out of the bed and tried to make a run for it but Sirius caught him around the waist. Sirius always knew how to catch him.

He scratched and clawed at Sirius' arms, he fought, god damn it, he fought Sirius. All so he could destroy that stupid horcrux.

"Reg, please, you need to calm down!"

"No, everyone is gonna die and it's gonna be my fault and they're all gonna hate me. This is the last chance to destroy it! Siri, please!"

Sirius almost let him go. The crack in his voice, the tears streaming down his face, he was begging, begging, for Sirius to let him go. To let him kill himself.

People from the Order came rushing in, grabbing Regulus and shoving him into a room for questioning.

The Weasleys, Prewetts, Marauders and Kingsley had all fought to just ask him but they were overpowered.

The door was sealed and Sirius was forcefully pulled away.

Regulus banged on the door, screaming and crying.

"Open the door, open the door, open the door!"

"Regulus-"

"Open the door!"

"Regulus, you need to tell us-"

"Open the door, please, please, open the door!"

"Regulus!"

Regulus screamed. It was so full of heartbreak and pain that Molly rushed away crying, Arthur following, Alice and Frank had covered their ears along with some of the Marauders. Sirius was fighting even harder, Remus had tears streaming down his face, James had turned away.

"Please, let me go, please!"

He choked on a sob.

"Please!"

He shoved against the door.

"Let me go, I don't know anything!"

He sunk to the floor.

"I don't know! Please, open the door. Let me go, please! I don't know anything!"

"Let him go!"

Sirius was screaming and thrashing in Kingsley's grip. Dumbledore was now leaning close to the door.

"Regulus. If you tell us what you know, we'll let you go. Understand?"

"I don't know anything!"

Marlene, who had once glared at Regulus so fiercely the table had caught on fire, now hugged Dorcas to her chest and tried to block out the noise of his screams. Mary and Lily, who had once hexed him for looking at Sirius, now had tears streaming down their faces as he banged on the door.

Dorcas, who had once been close friends with him, hid her face as he cried. James, who had protected Sirius from his supposed evil brother, looked down as his knees hit the floor. Remus, who had once threatened the boy, now squeezed his eyes shut, wanting to get rid of the pleas for help.

Peter looked down. He was the spy, the traitor. He had to keep Regulus' dirty mouth shut. He could not afford another strike from the Dark Lord.

Dumbledore nodded to Moody, who stepped forward and pressed a button.

"What- what does that do?" Sirius asked, already dreading the answer.

Moody, always ready to give the harsh truth, muttered, "Its a less harmful version of the Cruciatus Curse. It gets them to speak."

Moody was cut off by Regulus' screams.

"Who is the traitor? Who is the spy? Tell us and everything will go back to how it was before."

Dumbledore was way too calm. He was torturing one of his students. Someone that wasn't even of age.

"Peter! It's Pete-"

He was cut off as the spell intensified and he screamed and writhed in agony, gasping for breath.

"Are you lying Regulus?"

"No! No, I swear, please!"

The spell stopped.

Regulus collapsed, shaking, on the floor, ragged breaths leaving his mouth as his chest heaved.

Peter was dragged away.

Barely anyone noticed. They were too busy staring at Regulus. The Marauders because they needed to know he was okay, for Sirius. The Aurora because no one had ever survived the curse.

Regulus lifted his head, hair glued to his forehead and whimpered as he slipped into unconsciousness.

The last thing he saw was Sirius rushing forward.

Idk if I should keep on writing. Opinions? Honest ones?