Chapter 1

James has recently moved into Greenwell college dorms. He doesn't have a roommate, but quite enjoys living alone. After finishing off the last of the cereal, he gets the last sparkling lemonade out of the fridge and sits down to watch a movie.

He picks a horror movie and often wonders what life would be like if he was in these situations. The movie is barely half-way complete when his bottle of sparkling lemonade is bone dry.

He sighs to himself, realizing he must go back to the store. "Might as well get more cereal while I'm there," he sighed.

While getting miserably lost in the local grocery store, his energy for the day dies quickly. He does not want to ask an employee, considering his introverted trait.

After searching for a whole hour through the re-organized shelves, he finally finds the lemonade. He quickly picks up the crate and gently tosses it in his cart. "Forget the cereal, I want to get out of here," he breathed.

He swiftly walked to the self pay check out to pay for the lemonade. "Thirteen dollars for a six pack of lemonade?" He softly yelled to himself. "Inflation is only getting worse," he whispered.

After swiping the debit card, he quickly walks out of the store and walks back to his best friend, Cherie. Her car is in James' line of sight and he opens the trunk of the silver 2008 Honda Fit. He dropped the crate into the trunk and climbed into the passenger seat.

Cherie begins to drive back to the dorms, and James thanks her for the ride and goes up the elevator to his dorm room.

He gets to the door and inserts the key to unlock it, only finding a tall, male figure standing by his TV.

He is scrolling through channels, and slightly jumps when James shrieks, "What the hell are you doing in my dorm?" Apparently, the tall--and rather attractive--man goes by the name 'Hayden'.

"Get out of my dorm!" James said, resulting in a chuckle from Hayden.

"Why would I do that?" Hayden said with a hand on his heart in mock hurt. "Damn, I just want to finish that horror movie. Can you get out of my dorm so I can watch it?" James said, a scowl on his face.

"Horror movie? I love those!" Said Hayden, a bright smile on his face.

"Okay, cool, now get out," James said. After a solid ten minutes of begging from Hayden, James finally gave in and let Hayden watch the movie too. Apparently, Hayden throws insults at the characters and how they're being 'idiots'.

James sinks into the dark blue couch, visibly upset with Hayden's obnoxious comments.

The move ends about 45 minutes later, and James is filled with relief when Hayden leaves.

"Screw it, I'm going to bed," James says. After a few minutes, He drifts off into a dream.

He magically appears in a forest which he finds very similar to one he used to play in as a kid. The forest is packed with large oak trees, and leaves starting to brown and fall to the ground.

After exploring like he did when he was a kid, a cottage appears in front of him. It looks worn down, maybe years old. But it was not there when James last explored. It looks rather inviting, despite the worn down wood and the dark green paint beginning to chip.

After dreaming for who knows how long, James bounces up out of bed. Reading the clock, it says: 9:14 A.M.

"Great," James sighs.

He quickly got out of bed and turned the shower on, quickly undressing and letting the scorching hot water soothe his back.

He realizes his classes do not start until next week, so he calls Cherie to talk about his dream.

Cherie arrives in less than ten minutes, and listens intently while James rambles about the odd dream.

After listening to the whole story, Cherie suggests to go to the woods and explore like James did when he was younger.

Cherie recently made a new friend, Xavier was his name. He seemed like a complete asshole, every inch of his body had a tattoo.

Cherie invited Xavier to come along the trip too, which James unwillingly agreed with.

"Can my friend come along too?" Xavier asks.

Cherie is overly excited and, of course, said yes.

Soon, the man arrives. Clad in a black leather jacket with a white T-shirt and dark jeans, with sunglasses and a baseball cap, the man climbs out of his Honda Civic.

James is fuming by the time he recognizes the man, the spawn of hell known as "Hayden".

____________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANK YOU FOR READING, THE MAIN CHARACTER'S INSPIRED BY TWO OF MY FRIENDS. SHOUT OUT TO THEM FOR THE INSPIRATION <3