Prologue

3rd Person:

The sounds of multiple voices talking at the same time along with clinks of silverware on plates- and not to mention the background music that couldn't even be heard over the loud ruckus due to the volume being on low- echoed around the room. Waitresses bustled around trying to get orders to the right tables. The bar was packed full tonight with people watching various sport games. Fans cheered, roaring over the murmur when their teamed scored. It was something everyone experienced at some point. It was normal.

Something Miko Nakadai wasn't used to.

Although she barely noticed the noise around her. It was as if she was trapped in a bubble. Time slowed, the volume lowered to a hum before disappearing altogether. Silence encased Miko where she sat alone on a barstool. It was unsettling. Usually the feisty young adult was surrounded by loud obnoxious music. The quiet was abnormal. It was... chilling.

The bartender set a glass in front of her with a dark liquid. Miko forgot what she ordered, something strong probably. Her hand reached for the glass automatically. Although she didn't raise it to her lips. In her other hand looked like a leather wallet, but when she flipped it open it showed a badge.

Special Agent William Fowler

And just like that, memories that Miko wanted to drown came back.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Fowler, I need a favor."

"Oh, great. What did you do this time?"

"Nothing. Nothing! I swear."

"Mhm, so what is it?"

"I need a pilot-"

"Oh, no. I remember your attempt at joining the Air Force, Navy before that. You're not getting anywhere near any-"

"Fowler, I said I need a pilot, not a jet."

"...what's this about?"

"While I was on a mission, I think I spotted... Cybertronian tech."

- - - - - - - - - -

Glass shattered, but the noise couldn't be heard over the roar of fans that erupted from their seats as their team scored the final goal. Or point. Whatever. Miko barely noticed. She barely registered that two liquids dripped down her hand. One brown. One red. Her fingers become numb with cold. She didn't care if it was just the liquid or something more dangerous. She held the remaining shards in her hand. She barely thought when her suddenly fisted her hand.

- - - - - - - - - -

"The Apex Amor, should've known."

"How'd you even manage to lose it?"

"Mission gone haywire. General Bryce thought it would be a good idea to hand it over to a rookie."

"You should've given it to me-"

"You know very well I couldn't let you do it, Miko. You're lucky you're still in the field. Much less any military opora-"

"I know, and you have my gratitude, Fowler."

"You better. Took some major circus tricks to get you in any platoon. Had to smear my ass in honey and do the chicken dance just to get someone to let you in."