As old as forest

roots of past
mysterious voice: It was a long time ago, I don't remember how long ago, but I will say one thing ... the times were not the best then. The Pye family and Lawley fled from the shells as best they could. But their methods were not working ... The two girls looked at each other and ran into the forest. Behind them, an army of people in uniform and 5 trained dogs. The girls ran into the hut, closed the door and leaned against it. Girl 1: How are you, Kokona? Girl 2: ok Ayano, did you hurt yourself? I saw you get caught on the roots of the tree... Ayano: oh, it's fine. Our friendship is just beginning, but it seems to me that we will be friends until the end of Cocoon: that's for sure. The girls burst into laughter, quietly got up and began to prepare a modest dinner. One was preparing dinner, and the other was cooking a decoction with a fabulous smell. Kokona: Will the others come soon? The soup is almost ready. Ayano: yes, it's not so far from here to the shelter. There was a knock on the door of the hut, Ayano went to the door and asked "who is there." In response, a childish voice of a 4-year-old girl was heard: her own. She spoke with a slight smirk. Ayano unlocked the door and let the Lawley family and the Pai family into the house and invited them to the table. The families bowed and began to eat. It was getting dark outside, Ayano approached one of the little girls and asked if she had eaten. In response, there was only a quiet "Uh-huh." Ayano smiled and went to the corner of the shack, she looked around the room and realized that her friend was not around.
Ayano ran out to look for her friend in the dark thicket of the forest .... She was afraid not only for herself, but also for Kokona. Herbs rustled beside her, branches crunched. Ayano, helplessly lit her way with a yellow crystal. The crystal radiated a pleasant warmth, even soothing with a soft glow. Behind the girl, someone jumped from a tree and plunged a syringe with sleeping pills into her neck, covering her mouth with a hand in gardens and strange drawings. The girl woke up in a strange hut, she began to look around the walls and objects with a short look of blue eyes. There were kitsune masks on the walls, various bunches of herbs, hangers nailed to the oak walls, and a painting... that seemed eerily familiar to Ayano. From the furniture, everything was modest. In the corner there was a single bed, an oak wardrobe, a desk ... it looks like it was made of pine, a second table and three chairs nearby. The girl woke up sitting on one of them.
–W-who are you?— Ayano timidly asked the black hooded silhouette. the silhouette took off its hood and turned to Ayano. Opposite Ayano stood a pleasant-looking girl. With mint hair that turned dark green at the ends. She was dressed in a robe, under which one could see a white shirt, black trousers and a belt with pockets. On her legs were long boots with short green threads on the lock's pawl. From the accessories there were only small gilded earrings.
—you finally woke up, I'm Poyshen, a herbalist. And who are you yourself?
—I-I'm Ayano, magician...
–and what did the magicians forget here? —Oh sorry, is this your territory?
-not even mine, reappers live here.
- not even mine, rippers live here.
-Oh my God, I must have gone too far into the forest..
-Don't be afraid, I'll guide you.— Poyshen said as she brushed her scythe behind her back.
Poshen opened the door from the hut, pulling the kitsune mask over her face, she waited for Ayano and they set off.
- oh, it looks like I lost the crystal .. —Said Ayano
-you won’t find it anymore, the forest is big. Where did you come from in the forest you say?
- from a small hut.
- Okay, oh shit... Patrol, hide behind me!— Ayano hid behind the Poyshen as the reapper began to approach. the unfamiliar reapper said rudely in the direction of Poyshen:
—What are you doing here, Lotus?
—Sorry, I was just going for qingxin flowers.
— Have you forgotten our agreement?
- No, of course, who do you think I look like, Lane
-well, i will keep an eye on you.—The reapper said, it seems his name was Lane. The reaper disappeared from their sight. The girls continued on their way talking about all sorts of little things and did not even notice how they approached the hut.
— Goodbye, Ayano, it was a pleasure doing business with you
- See you soon, Miss.—Ayano bowed and opened the door to the shack. Kokona ran up to Ayano and hugged her.
-God, where have you been?
- I went to look for you, it's good that you are there.
Old woman: Girls, are you okay? her friends looked at her and said at once: -Yes, Miss Goetti.— Goetti smiled.—Okay, now go to sleep. The girls lay down on their beds. Ayano fell asleep peacefully, but Kokona was kept awake thinking about Ayano..and where she went... . In the morning, Kokona took Ayano out of their shack under the pretense of talking. Ayano looked at that one and asked:
—why did we leave?
Kokona hissed and gave out a not modest phrase.
— You betrayed our family.
Ayano staggered, taken aback.
—N-no, where did you get that from? -Where did you go last night? Really to...— Kokona broke off and made a gesture of quotation marks with her hands.—To the local herbalist?
- No, I went looking for you but I lost consciousness and woke up in her hut. Kokona turned away from Ayano and quietly said:
— go away .... —She pointed to the side with her hand. It looks like the girlfriends quarreled, let's hope that they will make up ...
Ayano nodded and, wiping her tears, ran in the indicated direction. Wiping away her tears, she ran through the thicket with thoughts that her life would not be the same. Having got lost at the border of the Rippers, she sat down under a tree and took out a lyre with a smile. She played a calm melody. Everything would be fine ... if not the shooter who heard the melody. Pulling the string, he took aim. A shot and a scream rang out in the forest. The gunslinger ran to the corpse and took off his hood. Incredibly, the second half-elf.. He probably knows the area well. The half-elf chuckled and stamped the "completed" list. The reapers ran to the scream and took out their pistols when they saw the half-breed. One of them began to approach but did not notice how the unknown person disappeared from their sight.
-Wh-what was that....?! One of the Reappers, Ronald, could not control himself. Everyone else just shrugged their shoulders. Even the elders did not know him ... but everyone understood that he would be the next target ... One of the reappers picked up the corpse and carried it to the basement of the headquarters, various thoughts were spinning in his head:
-who is this, why is she here ... and how she died ... —Opening the door, he went into the basement, laid the corpse and covered it. The reapper folded his arms over his chest and prayed. And so it appeared, the spirit of the past under the name of Ayano Lawley. Of course, she won’t be seen for a couple of years, but then she will return to her original appearance. There were only reappers at her funeral, although they didn’t know the girl ... they decided to take her to another world. Ayano died at 25 years old, very young. But those who left will not return. The ever-young reappers can no longer work after the funeral today, such are their customs. They parted ways and started doing other things. they cooked theirs favorite food, watched TV, played the console. Their main task was to forget about the girl and not collect souls. But one  of them  was not a reapper, Miss Goetti followed Ayano in a reapper disguise, it is suspicious that Miss Goetti is also a shooter. But she couldn't kill her niece. Returning to the hut, she went to its center and uttered frightening and terrible news for everyone:
- Ayano... dead..—Kokona fell into a stupor, moving away from him a little, she sat on the bed and propped her head on her hand trying to hold back her tears. It's sad that I have to end on such a sad note, but I assure you...then everything can be better.
A month has passed since the fourth chapter. Ayano, in the form of a spirit, flies through the forest for only one reason, she is imprisoned in it. If someone burns her corpse, then she will be able to fly freely around the city and beyond. The Lawley and Deisley families have already reconciled with loss. But not two girls. Miss Goetti sighed heavily, it was difficult for her to come to terms with the loss of her niece, whom she raised as her daughter. Well, Kokona began to appear less often in the hut, she found a place for herself among the tall trees of the Blue forest.She was sitting on a stump. The stump was covered in blood from that fateful day when her friend died. Kokona's cold hands were white, thin, and all scratched. Maybe she wanted to numb her pain. Which advanced imperceptibly and put pressure on Kokonas consciousness. She took out a clerical knife from her bag, cut her finger and put a drop of her blood on the stump. It seems she has been doing this for more than a day, the blood stain is getting bigger and bigger every day. Taking off the amulet with a turquoise crystal from her neck, she got up and went to the place of the grave that Miss Goetti told about. Arriving at the place, she looked around, making sure that there were no reapers nearby, she dug up a grave next to a stuck shovel, lifting the lid of the coffin, she took a purple crystal and smiled. The smile was filled with mixed emotions...anger, fear, sadness and madness..putting the crystals in her bag, she raised a knife and plunged it into her neck. Realizing what she had done, Kokona tried to close the wound with something .... but it was too late. A lying corpse next to the grave from which a snow-white hand sticks out. Poyshen giggled and jumped down from the big oak tree.
-I didn't know that I could neutralize two rabbits, almost at once.— She spoke softly and smiled. — -it’s a pity that they didn’t get caught on the same day— .... Poyshen pulled the bowstring and shot at the glass to attract attention. Hearing the crackling, the reapers ran out to the scene of the tragedy, but they couldn’t catch the shooter ... Miss Goetti was sad, but she was able to raise a new generation of the Lawley and Deisly families. In the New Generation there are personalities such as Oshi, Kokona, Ayano, partly Poyshen, Candy, Goetti, Sunlight. Of course, there are dead, but more on this episode later. Let's start the second generation. All persons equipped an abandoned mansion. First the Lawley family moved in, then the Deisly family. Everyone lived beautifully, in peace. The elders were big shots. All the rest were also not deprived of rights. As for Kokona and Ayano, they met near the blue reaper department by accident. Having started talking, Kokona blabbed to Ayano that she knew her. Having learned the same past life. Ayano led Kokona to the mansion and said:
-welcome home.— The girl showed Kokone her room and smiled. So the two friends reconciled, though in other bodies. The girls lived together, with the whole past team, but without small children.
But one day... their lives were turned upside down by a knock on the door... Kokona opened the door and looked at two three-year-old twins, the same Oshi and Dilla. Kokona let the children into the house and took them to an empty room. -What are you doing here?—Kokona asked coldly.
-We came to warm up, thanks for letting in. The children answered,Kokona timidly, smiled a little and looked at the twins.
- What is your name though?
-We don’t know. —Thinking, the kids answered.
- Well, then, from this day on, your name is Sunlight.—Smiling with a full smile, Kokona said solemnly.— And you're a boy, Dill.
The children looked at each other and smiled. Kokona was afraid that among the spirits she stood out by taking two children into her house. It seems that she has problems up to her neck from this, but still, she raised them to be skilled archers.
Let me tell you a story about how Dill and Oshi became exactly them.
Among the other spirits, Kokona stood out very much, her main company consisted of the same as her, the spirits of suicides. Caroline, Chris, Chevrley and Thomas. •Caroline was a gardener in the past, flowers of outrageous beauty grew in her garden, which were in rarity, were called strange and mysterious. There were rumors that she uses corpses as fertilizer, but the rumor was refuted. She died from intense pressure from neighbors. She could not stand the offensive rumors and burned her house along with herself.
•Chris was a forester and somehow the oldest among them, his people considered a dead man, because he did not leave the forest for days and only once a week went to the grocery store in the city. But he only pretended to spend money on food, he only bought a loaf of bread, he lost everything else in the casino, he  was a ghoul and ate corpses from graves, which were abundant due to famine in many cities and villages, he committed suicide after another loss at the casino.
•Chivrley was a child from an incomplete family, she didnt have a father, he died in the war. The mother was not strict, she loved her daughter, they barely had enough money for food and accommodation, but this didnt stop Chivrley from being the most popular girl in school. But one day she was lured into a dark corner and beaten by her envious people and those to whom she denied relationships. Chevrley returned home and saw a broken mirror, going into the kitchen she saw her mother's head on the table.
•Thomas was the youngest among them, it's a pity that he doesn't talk much about himself, only it became known how he died, alas, nothing more. Thomas usually died, he hanged himself.
Usually this company just hangs out around the city, or, once every 4 years, they come to people's houses for a whole week, and those who opened the door died, this was one of the rites of the spirits. This five can hardly be called weak spirits, because they exist on this planet a little in the body of suicidal spirits. These spirits, the guide of ghost children, who often attack the reapers asking them to play hide and seek with them...