𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠

☆★☆★☆

☆★☆★☆

"Don't look yet. Are you looking?"

I blinked against the rough hands which were pressed over my eyes. "I'm not looking."

"Good. Just a bit further. We're almost there."

Even though I was basically blindfolded, I knew we were outside and walking in the sand. Which narrowed the location of JJ's Top Secret Surprise. I wasn't exactly sure where we were due to the wind that was blowing too hard for me to be specific.

"Okay, now, step up one step." I did as JJ said, feeling his back against mine to steady me. "One more. And now step up one last time. Perfect"

I slowly followed his instruction, dragging my foot up to find another hard surface but as I pulled my other foot up, it was caught on the edge of the step causing me to stumble forward.

However, JJ was quick to grab my waist with one hand while the other continued to blindfold me.

"Watch your step," the blonde teased with a deep chuckle.

"I'm blindfolded, dumbass." I retorted with a playful scoff, giving his shoulder a hard punch.

"Alright now close your eyes and count to ten," JJ announced removing his hands from my eyes.

"JJ," I protested. "Do we really-"

"Ten!" He repeated, his voice now further away.

"One, two, three..." I began with a silly grin on my face. I felt as if I was back in elementary school counting to ten on the playground as I waited for the others to hide. " Four, five, six-"

"Go slower!"

"Se-ven, eight, ni-ne," I sighed pronouncing each syllable.

Shortly, JJ was back by my side, sliding his hand over the small of my back then when I got to ten, I popped open my eyes.

The first thing I saw was the ocean, then I realized we were standing on a wooden platform. A dock.

There laid at the end of the dock was a small blanket with a vase, wildflowers poking out of it in all directions. When I turned around, I saw a large house with a pool just below it.

"The Johnsons are out of town so..." JJ stated with a shrug as a mischievous grin grew on his lips. "The place is all ours."

He bit his lip, trying to cover the smirk that clearly showed that he was pleased with himself.

"C'mere," he murmured, taking my hand into his own and leading me over to the thin blankets spread across the wooden planks.

He plopped down, raking a hand through his messy knotted blonde hair that tangled in the wind. I joined him as I stretched my legs out next to his.

My eyes were attracted to the vivid colors of the wildflowers placed in the clear vase next to me. My fingers found their way, dancing over the blooms.

"Did you pick these?" I questioned as I  quirked my eyebrow at the blonde whose eyes lingered on the flowers at the sound of my voice.

"Yeah," he quipped with a rapid nod. I glanced to see his cheeks highlighted with a blush, making me smile brightly. "Found em' behind John B's place"

I nodded then an extended pause fell over us, the only sound being the waves lapping over each other. Eventually, JJ leaned backward falling onto his back, I smiled and did the same, now watching the stars shimmer in the darkness of the sky.

We lay there, our hips and shoulders brushing against one another as we sat in silence, enjoying the beauty before us.

"Look, it's the Little Dipper." the blonde's voice peaked as his finger jolted into the air. I followed his finger into the sky finally seeing the stars that outlined the Little Dipper.

"There is the Big Dipper," I announced, pointing in a different direction than he was.

"See that star right there?" JJ then asked making my head turn to his finger that shot into the sky.

"Which one?" My eyebrows furrowed, trying to see which one he was pointing at, there were at least a million in the direction of his finger.

"That one" he gently grabbed my hand, extending it out until the tip of my finger lay just underneath a twinkling sparkle in the darkness.

"That's Jupiter" JJ informed me and I nodded. " There's one next to it, you can't really see it but it's Saturn"

The blonde continued to point out different constellations and stars, explaining to me their whereabouts in the sky and any information that surrounded the nighttime sky. It was like he was some genius astrologist.

I was hardly paying attention to his rambling but rather the fact that he was so passionate about the stars and the way his lips curled into a grin, showcasing that dimple of his. His smile was utterly contagious.

I watched with a small smile as his eyes lit up with excitement, interrupting himself when he saw a shooting star dart through the sky.

"You see that?" He perked, looking at me with bulging eyes.

"Of course" I replied, even though I hadn't just to give into his thrill.

"That was a fucking shooting star!" He announced with glee making us both let out a laugh.

His head unexpectedly tilted, his eyes falling onto mine, I gazed up at him admiring his icy blue eyes that sparkled in the moonlight. As my eyes stayed locked with his, my heart began to pick up the pace, beating out of my chest.

JJ and I were nothing more than good friends. We had been since third grade when he asked me to play on the swings with him at recess. Ever since then our friendship grew stronger every day.

Maybe it was because I had slowly fallen for him without even realizing it but my skin started to heat up under his gaze. I caught his eyes flicker down to my lips and then back up to my eyes, he repeated this several times.

My hands jittered with anticipation, trying to control my out-of-wack breathing, and then the words tumbled from JJ's lips ever so smoothly.

"Are you going to kiss me or what?"

A grin tugged at my mouth before a giggle left my lips and the corners of my eyes crinkled. Then I quickly sat up on my elbow, leaning down with a tilt of my head to press my lips against his.

His hand gradually found the side of my face, cupping my cheek in his big hand. I smiled against him when he tucked away a few stray hairs of mine that fell into his face.

I pulled away just enough to part our lips, which only made the blonde boy groan in annoyance from the lack of contact. I laughed teasingly before I was pulled back into the kiss.

So much for friends.