SIX

TW: THIS FIC CONTAINS AN IMPLIED ED AND A LIGHT DESCRIPTION OF BONES BREAKING!

I WILL SECTION OFF THE PARTS! IF YOU CAN'T READ THAT, PLEASE SKIP OVER THE PARTS! 

Dawn woke up on the dirt-covered ground. The sun had barely finished rising, and her watch told her that it was 6:13 AM. She remembered the previous day's events and realized she was still lost.

Luckily, she found a clearing in the trees that led to a dead lot on the edge of town. There were only a couple of stores there, but luckily there was an open convenience store. As she entered, she felt everyone staring at her.

She continued walking until she was stopped by the manager. "Are you lost?" He asked. Dawn didn't reply. "Is your mom here?" Dawn continued ignoring him. He had no right to pry into her life.

"Bitch," She mumbled under her breath. She continued walking, unaware of the look on his face. She felt the manager follow her, but she paid no attention to him. She opened the fridge and retrieved a large tub of cream cheese. She then headed to the bread section, where she found a package of bagels.

"Hey, you know you have to pay for those!" She heard the man yell. He continued his yelling, but she continued walking. She walked through the automatic door, shattering it once it closed.

THIS SECTION CONTAINS AN IMPLIED ED! STOP READING IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU!

She went back to the forest to hide from the manager. Once she was deep enough into the forest, she untwisted the tie on the bagel package. She was so hungry, but suddenly, it all looked so unappetizing. She reached into the bag, pulling the bagel apart and slowly opening the tub of cream cheese.

She held the bagel in both hands, a slight fear overcoming her. What if she threw up? Dawn found it funny. She had been brave throughout the whole experience of finding out that her brother was missing in an alternate dimension, but now, the one fear overcame her, something larger than life.

She shook her fears away and sunk her teeth into the bagel. The cold cream cheese contrasting with the slightly warmed bagel lit her heart. She forgot how good it felt to eat.

After she finished, she debated eating another.

If she ate now, she wouldn't have to for a while.

She should spread out her meals.

What if two was too much?

CONTINUE READING

Her thoughts were interrupted by a distant calling. It was too faint to decipher what they were saying, but she recognized his voice. It was Mike.

She abandoned her bagels and started wandering to the source of the sound. The further she got, the more lost she felt. She looked around her, in hopes that something would point her in the right direction. Her eyes landed on the road. She decided to follow it from a distance, wondering where it would take her.

After a few minutes, the road winded down into the quarry. Her imaginary path no longer existed. She moved onto the edge of the road, hoping that she would start to find her way back.

She heard another faint calling.

"Shut up!" It wasn't Mike. It was someone else. It was Troy. She ran along the road, trying to find him.

Once the trees cleared, there was an open road beside the cliff. She hid from the trees, knowing that Troy was there. She arched her neck slightly to see the whole view. It was worse than the thought.

Troy had a switchblade against Dustin's neck. He was squealing in an attempt to get out. Troy's friend stood by the two in an attempt to guard them. Mike stood at the edge of the cliff, looking down onto the open water.