Closure

Now Pam stood before a headstone in the graveyard in what was once known as Yookia. Said nation was now undivided with its neighbor, now restored back to the one and only Ookia.

But that's besides the point.

Pam had her son Sam-I-Am, his girlfriend Gluntz and their daughter Molly along with her stepdaughter Melanie, who brought her husband Jack McWinkle and their son Terry, all together at the final resting place of the late great Gene Driscoll.

Engraved in the cement slab was 'Here lies Eugene Amadeus Driscoll. Beloved husband and father.' Next to him was his first wife, Lana Driscoll, maiden name Landers.

"Well, Sam and Mellie, there's your father", Pam said, both plainly and melancholic.

Melanie wrapped an arm around Jack, a nostalgic feeling crossing her mind. "Sorry you never got to meet him. Or Mom".-"Hi, Mom", she waves to the adjacent headstone-"But you would've loved him."

"I believe you", he answered.

Terry babbled, "Oooh", reaching forward.

"Yes, son. That's your grandpa and grandma", Melanie says in a soft voice.

Sam, meanwhile, had tears rolling down his face. Gluntz gently squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"I don't remember much about him, but I still miss him."

Molly, as if sensing her father's distress, began to grab at his arm. She even made a quick shriek to really get his attention.

"Oh, Sam. I think your little girl wants to say something", Gluntz jokes.

He chuckles. "I really miss Grandpa, Molly." He holds her in his arms and kisses her forehead. "I love you, honey bunches. Your daddy loves you."

"Ahem."

"What?"

"I love her too. I mean, I am her mom."

"She wasn't trying to get your attention now, was she?" He smugly raises an eyebrow. Seems he lost focus on why he was crying earlier.

That is, until Pam dropped to her knees and began her eulogy.

"Oh, Gene. My darling husband. Not a day passes when I don't miss you terribly. If it's any consolation, Twotymer finally got caught. He might get the chair if we're lucky." She chuckled at the dark thought. No one else seemed to think it was funny. "Brought the kids and grandkids to see you. Wherever you are, just know I still love you. Forever and ever." Pam turns her head to Lana's grave and says, "And Lana? I never really knew you, but you married a great man. And your daughter's one of the smartest kids I've ever met. She has a bright future ahead of her."

Then she evenly split up a bouquet of flowers and shared them between Gene and Lana. There were eight flowers in all, one for each of them standing there with the last one being from Grinch.

"Goodbye, my love", she finishes.

Sam puts his hand on her shoulder in consolation. "That was very sweet, Mom."

"Thanks, Sam."

"I agree", said Melanie.

"Thanks, Mel."

Jack held his son in his arms. "So do you wanna be Terry's grandma, Pam?"

"I thought I already was."

Molly shrieks in her own father's arms again. This time she was reached towards Pam.

"Hey, Mom? Molly wants to see you."

Pam takes her granddaughter and holds her at eye level. "Grandma loves you, sweetie", she says in baby-talk. Molly seemed to have a natural skill for curing sadness.

Molly laughed in excitement.

It might've been her eyes tricking her, possibly due to sunlight refracting off Gluntz's engagement ring, but almost swore that she'd seen her late husband's spirit smiling down at the group from above. Pam decided not to bring it up for fear of spooking the others.

At least now she had assurance that Gene got to see his grandchildren.