Sniffles and Soup

[This chapter was requested by  zcakedy ]

Shiver awoke to she sound on sniffling "Are you okay Frye?" They asked sitting up.

"I'm fine.." Frye replied, voice hoarse.

Shiver looked over to Frye, rubbing sleep from their eyes "You sound sick." They said "You look sick."

"I told you Shiv, I'm fine." She said blowing her nose.

Shiver turned on the lamp and looked a Frye once more "Your face looks all red." They commented "Do you mind if I touch your forehead?"

"No." Frye said.

Shiver placed the back of their hand on Frye's forehead "You're burning up, you are definitely sick."

Frye groaned and leaned against the octoling "I'll get you some medicine okay?"

Frye nodded and moved off of Shiver. Shiver moved off the bed and walked to the kitchen, they grabbed some cold and flu pills, a cup of water and a damp tea towel. They walked back into the dim bedroom and sat in the Sid elf the bed where Frye was "I have the medicine." They said handing it to Frye.

Frye placed the pill on her tongue and downed it with water. She put the cup onto the bed side table and layed back down on the bed, Shiver placed the tea towel onto the inklings forehead "Do you want anything to eat sweet heart?" Shiver asked.

Frye nodded "Soup please."

"I'll get that for you lovely." They said kissing Frye's cheek before standing up once more wand walking to the kitchen.

They turned the kettle on to boil water as they grabbed the soup sachet and emptied it into the bowl. They put some bread on to toast, the kettle pinged and Shiver poured the steaming water into the bowl with the soup power. The water and power swirled together to make a nice smelling soup, the toast popped and Shiver grabbed it and placed it on the chopping board, they buttered it and cut the two slices into three strips each. They placed the toast on a place and grabbed a spoon, they then walked back into the bedroom and set the food on the bedside table.

"I have the soup, and some toast." Shiver said sitting back on the bed.

Frye carefully sat up and grabbed the warm bowl of food "Thank you." She said before digging in.

Frye ate the soup within record time, occasionally dipping the toast in. Frye placed the bowel and plate back onto the table and scooted over to Shiver "Your the best, you know that right?" She said.

"I do, you tell me it every day." They responded "But I love it."

"You better."

"Uh huh. You need rest, go to sleep."

"Finnnee.. only as long as you sleep next to me." Frye said laying down once more patting the spot next to her.

Shiver crawled under the covers next to Frye and wrapped their arms around he midsection. Frye fell asleep quickly and Shiver fell asleep soon after.

[That is the end of this chapter, I hope you enjoyed. Any feed back is much appreciated]