Chapter 1

"B-O-T-D-F! B-O-T-D-F!"

Fans were now constantly chanting our name. Peeking out of the corner of my eye at Jayy who was lounging on the couch smoking a cigarette. His hair was shaved on the left side, and the tips of his remaining hair were dyed red, taking a deep breath I turned around. 

"Think we've left them waiting long enough?" I asked Jayy.  

He put out the remainder of his cigarette in the ashtray, lifting his tattooed arms above his head, he stretched side-to-side.

"Yup. Show time!" Jayy grinned at me, he called everyone and we gathered in a circle and linked our arms together, with our heads bowed and eyes closed we recited the prayer we had committed to memory.

"Mother of mercy, come to me,awake my soul, set me free, reveal Jayy's power, for all to see. Consume all fear, that lies in me. Radiance at you violet flame, expand & blaze the light in me. Energize my mind & heart, with all love, all power, all peace, Amen"

Then we placed our hands in the center of the circle and threw them up shouting "FOR SLUT!", I gave the cue to begin playing "The Calling". On the other side of the curtain the crowd went wild, our drummer, guitarist, and violinist went up first. There wasn't much of a reaction, but when Jayy ran on stage singing the first verse of the song, the whole room erupted in noise. Soon it was my turn to run on stage. I was greeted by fans shouting "Dahvie I love you!" and "Fuck me!" Jayy and I finished the song then I walked to the front of the stage, hundreds of hands reached out to touch me, I smiled at the crowd. I loved coming to Utah, though it was smaller than most places we visited, we got the most love here. I recognized many people in the crowd, they were loyal BOTDF fans who always came to our concerts, there were also many new faces, this was probably their first concert. This meant I had to give them the best show they've ever seen to this day. 

"Salt Lake City! How ya doin' tonight!" I shouted to the crowd, everyone jumped and screamed eager for the show to begin. Jayy moved to stand beside me, our arms were so close to each other I could feel my skin prickle at the heat his body radiated. Still, I never lost my concentration and continued to speak to the crowd for a few moments, lifting my arm above my head, our next song began to play, Red, green, and blue strobe lights danced wildly behind us painting the crowd in their colors. Jumping up and down Jayy and I sang a couple of new songs from our most recent album, then he and I switched sides, I moved to the right side of the stage and Jayy moved to the left side. We continued to sing for several more minutes. Then things got a little more interesting. 

Honestly I had no clue what it was. Perhaps it was the way the lights bounced off her square-framed glasses, or maybe it was the circular glow-stick hanging around her neck that caught my attention, I don't know. What I did know, was that there was a girl in the crowd that I found deeply interesting. She was practically just another girl in the crowd, but the more I watched her, the more I noticed a pattern. Every few minutes she would look over her shoulder at another girl behind her. That girl would smile encouragingly at Glasses Chick, then Glasses Chick would turn back around and continue to sing along, losing herself in the music. I watched how Glasses Chick kept the other girl within reach, the way she constantly made sure she was there. Something was,or wasn't, going on between those two.

Dahvie's eyes were lingering on a girl in the crowd. A spurt of jealousy stabbed my gut. I quickly drowned it and continued to sing. When Dahvie and I switched sides again I began to search for the girl that had caught Dahvies' eye. Scanning the crowd, no one stood out to me in particular. I was beginning to think I had imagined it all when I saw the same chick look over her shoulder for what must have been the third time. Bingo! The girl was easily recognizable by the circular glow-stick that hung around her neck making her look like a Tron character from the Disney movie. The way Tron Girl looked at Shy Girl, I knew Tron Girl had a major crush on Shy Girl, but maybe Shy Girl just didn't roll that way, if you know what I mean. I also knew that Dahvie hadn't figured this much out, so I made a mental note to meet with both of them at the end of the show. Right now I had a show to do.