Chapter 19.

The events of the night previous were ones Alex wished she could help the younger wolf forget.

Brett talbot and his sister were killed, they died hand in hand in the middle of a dark road, unable to control his emotions; Liam shifted. It only left people questioning every thing they believed to be fictional, and their first response was to be scared of the unknown darkness that was taking over the town. 

Alex woke up yet again alone, she missed stiles more than she ever imagined she would, she missed his smile and his cologne, his laugh. She missed everything and hated that all she done was lie to him.

Alex stopped in her hallway, feeling a sense of panic but not from her, it felt like someone was standing only inches away, breathing cold air against her neck.

Alex ran the tap, she cupped her hands and splashed water against her skin, when she looked back up she was met with a flashing image, it only lasted a second but it was enough to make her turned around, but no one was there.

Mumbling something to herself, she reached forward for her toothbrush and noticed the black pigment that ran through her veins, it faded within seconds and she left confused

...

"They were murdered. Killed by the new hunter in Beacon Hills." Scott explained

"You know, when he took out the Hellhound, we thought that it was luck. That we were dealing with an amateur. But now we know that whoever this new hunter is, he has a teacher."

"Gerard."Argent sighed, " Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go."

"Oh wow, no this isn't your fault dad" Alex chimed, "you couldn't have known"

"You couldn't have done anything." Lydia sympathized

"He could've killed him. Just saying." Malia muttered

Alex sighed, "Yep I was waiting for that"

"We're not executioners." Lydia told her.

"She's right. When do we ever kill someone without a reason" Alex agreed.

"You do when it comes to war" Malia retorted.

"That's why we're gonna make peace." Scott followed.

"With Gerard?" Lydia asked with a questioning time.

"Have you met him, I don't think Gerard would take peace if it slapped him in the face - or rather shot him with his own bullet" Alex deadpanned

"She's right" Isaac agreed, "he's got no mercury"

"Lydia, you know what's coming. We all keep using the same word." 

"War."

"So what stops a war from happening?" Malia asked.

"Peace summit."

Scott nodded "Right. We meet face-to-face with Gerard. Find out what he wants and then we stop all this before it gets any worse."

"Last time Gerard was at a peace meet was with Deucalion. He blinded him and then killed everybody else, including his own men." Lydia reminded him. 

"I'll go. I Know he's not going to kill me." Chris volunteered.

"Are you serious?" Alex scoffed, "have we forgotten who he is, he made you kill mom over some code, he's tried to kill his own daughter, he's tried to kill me. This isn't like when we convinced you dad, this is like asking the devil to preach to god"

"I have to go. He will listen to me" Chris insisted

"You sure about that?" Malia asked.

"Not really." He shrugged