V

"Charge!"

The leader of the rebellion yelled out a command, and the army obeyed. The petrified screams of the royal servants could be heard throughout the castle as soldiers upon soldiers began making their ways past the now broken gates and into the castle and its grounds.

The terrified servants had begun to flee from the castle in droves, and those who tried putting up a fight to try and stop them were brutally murdered.

The beautiful Inteyvat flowers that scattered the castle gardens were suddenly trampled as soldiers ran over them. There were bright red stains of blood that littered the grass, and more screams echoed. The clangs of metal against metal echoed throughout the once peaceful courtyard, and black smoke was thick in the air as the rebelling soldiers set fire to the tall bushes.

The commander of the rebellion, named Diluc, watched the horrifying scene unfold before his very eyes. He never meant for there to be a whole war or a large battle; the man had always preferred living a peaceful and quiet life, after all.

However, the death of his father had steeled his resolve. Diluc's father had been killed on a private mission that he had been sent on by none other than Queen Lumine herself.

Years had passed, and Diluc's desire for revenge against the queen continued to slowly grow. And finally, when Albedo had entered his tavern, announcing his revenge against the evil kingdom of Light, Diluc jumped at his opportunity for revenge and he grabbed a hold of it tightly. He would do anything to avenge his father, especially when he had died in such an unfair manner.

Diluc was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when his men called out, "Master Diluc! We have successfully broken open the doors to the castle!"

Without a moment's delay, Diluc picked up his large claymore sword, and with many other soldiers, he set off into the large castle.

The castle was like a large labyrinth of hallways and rooms, and as Diluc traversed the castle, he wondered how the royalty was able to get through the castle without losing their ways.

It took a while, but at long last, Diluc and a few of his men found the queen's bedchambers. Upon unlocking the door, they caught sight of the very person that they had broken into the castle to find: Lumine. She was standing at the balcony of her bedroom.

Without any ounce of hesitation, Diluc lifted his heavy claymore and pointed it at the head of the queen.

"Queen Lumine, you are hereby declared as arrested for the pain you have caused and all the sins you have committed against the people who should be happily living under you." Diluc declared. "You will come to the dungeons without any force implied, and if you do, you will not die a slow and painful death."

The queen stopped gazing out into the courtyard, and she turned around slowly to face her oppressor.

A mad smile formed on her face as she let out a devious cackle. "Oh, don't make me laugh. You are already such a despicable person because you have broken into the private chambers of a royal. And now, you tell me that your reason for barging in here at an unreasonable hour is to threaten me with something so ridiculous?"

Diluc gritted his teeth. "Don't you dare get smart with me, princess. You know perfectly why we have come in here to arrest you, you horrible witch."

Lumine's eyes sparkled evilly, her golden brown orbs piercing into Diluc's own face. "How rude of you, to call me a witch! And, to clarify things, I am the queen of this country, not a mere princess."

Diluc's brow furrowed. The glint in the queen's eye was...an odd one, to say the least. But, he shook it off. He must be feeling so triumphant, that he was hallucinating.

"I will not prolong this useless conversation any longer, princess." Diluc snapped. "You will stay down in the dungeons with only your evil memories as company. And when the sun rises, you will be publicly executed and beheaded for the kingdom to see how far their 'queen' has fallen."

"Your execution will take place when the bells of the church ring. I hope you're looking forward to it." Diluc said sinisterly, as he watched Lumine being taken to the dungeons.

"I couldn't think of a better time myself." Lumine snickered evilly.

Diluc watched as the woman who had killed his father was taken away. At last, he would be able to avenge his father. Even though the queen didn't kill him directly, the task that she had given him was so dangerous that there was no way that he could pull it off.

Diluc smiled to himself. He couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.