Chapter 1 - Sweet smile

"I...wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind"
♪♪♪

◇ See you again by Tyler, The Creator ◇

✿♡

No one's point of view

Claudia is currently walking around the mall, trying to find the perfect birthday present for her best friend. Her best friend's quinceañera is tomorrow and she just couldn't seem to find the perfect gift.

What do you buy your best friend, with only 50 dollars to your name, in the mall?

She knew in the back of her mind her best friend, Lila, would be grateful no matter what she got her. But Claudia still wanted whatever she got Lila to make her genuinely happy.

As she was pondering on what to get, she bumped into someone and fell onto the dirty, mall floor. She felt a cold, icy, liquid splash onto her body and run down her sweater.

She was embarrassed to say the least.

Claudia was also shocked at the sudden incident. Which is why her eyes were wide while looking at the red slushie on her sweater.

She kept her head down, examining the stain. She quickly became aware of the situation and took off her sweater before the liquid was able to reach her shirt underneath.

About a second later she could hear a familiar voice asking if she was okay. She finally looked up from her sweater, ready to face whoever had bumped into her.

That's when she saw him, her one and only, celebrity crush.

*Claudia's pov*

MASON FREAKING THAMES.

I just made Mason Thames, a celebrity, spill his slushie. What was even worse was that he was asking me if I was okay!

This is the most embarrassing moment of my life.

I feel like crying but I can't because I'll embarrass myself even more. And I definitely do not want that.

What do I do?!

I quickly looked away after realizing that I was staring, and pushed myself up off of the ground. I know that I've already said this but i'm embarrassed.

"I should've been paying attention, i'm sorry for ruining your sweater." Mason said apologetically, he looked really guilty, which made me feel worse. It wasn't only his fault, it was both of ours, we both weren't paying attention.

"Yeah her sweater was cute, Mason." I heard a girl's voice say matter of factly.

Wait.

Is that Madeleine Mcgraw's voice or are my ears decieving me? I looked up once again, seeing her beginning to pick up my red stained sweater. And my jaw nearly dropped, I then decided to assess the entire group and noticed it was the entire cast.

Rebecca Clarke, Brady Hepner, Tristan Pravong, Miguel Cazarez Mora, Jacob Moran, Jordan Isaiah White, Madeleine Mcgraw, and last but certainly not least Mason Thames.

The cast was quiet, just watching us converse.

"It's okay, there's to need to apologize, it's my fault too" I replied, becoming nervous with all the eyes on me.

I've gotta get out of here.

"I'd still like to apologize, that fall looked like it hurt."

I've gotta get out of here.

Pinch myself discreetly hoping it's a bad dream, but it doesn't matter how many times I pinch myself I'm still in the mall.

I let out a small laugh  "I'm kind of in a hurry, i'll just get going." I say awkwardly while pointing at the exit.

Just as I turn around to leave I remember that Madeleine still has my sweater. I quickly walk to her and with no words exchanged she gives me the now monstrous peice of clothing.

I look at Mason for a split second and see that he's already looking at me. He offers a small smile as to which i reciprocated.

His smile was so sweet and adorable.

When I walk away I can feel the cast's eyes burning into the back of my head but I don't dare to turn around.

☆ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ☆
*Time Skip*

The Black Phone is my favorite movie because of mason and he just ruined my favorite sweater. Im still slightly angry about it but since he was involved in the making of my favorite movie, i'll let it slide this once.

No one's point of view

After some serious searching Claudia managed to find a gift for Lila.

Even after her encounter with the cast at the mall she was happy. She found what she was looking for,  she had new 'chisme' to tell her best friend, and she met the cast, even if it was through embarrassment.

Claudia thought about Mason's smile again before drifting to sleep.

What she didn't know was that mason was doing the exact same thing with her.

☆ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ☆

AN:

HELLO EVERYONE, THIS IS MY FIRST CHAPTER TO MY FIRST BOOK AND I'M SO PROUD EXCITED TO START THIS JOURNEY WITH YOU ALL.

ANYWAYS MASON'S SMILE IS SO CUTEEEE AHHHHHH

AND WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE THINK SO FAR. PLEASE GIVE ME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM AND DON'T HOLD BACK I CAN TAKE IT. I JUST WANT MY BOOK TO BE THE BEST FOR MY READERS.

Love you guys <3 I hope you have a wonderful day!