C1 | The Trial

~Third Person POV~

This takes place after a crow tells the slayers on the mountain to NOT kill Nezuko.

The two Hashira make their way down the mountain, Shinobu asking Giyuu a bunch of questions.

"Why did you protect a demon?"

"All demons should be dead!"

"What is up with your head?"

Giyuu ignored her questions, not giving her a single glance, heading towards where the trial was to be held.

When it became morning, the two Hashira made it to the meeting, being the last two to arrive. Tanjiro was being questioned by the rest of the Hashira, berating him for carrying a demon with him.

Once the two arrived however, the Hashira focused their attention on Giyuu, excluding Shinobu, Kanae, and Mitsuri.

"Tomioka! What the hell were you thinking?!" Sanemi yelled at Giyuu.

"...She isn't a normal demon.." Giyuu said plainly, standing off to the side.

"A demon is a demon.. Still have to kill it" Obanai said. Then the Master's children came out of the Mansion, announcing that the Master will be arriving shortly.

Everyone knelt down, Obanai pinning Tanjiro down. Shortly after, the Master arrived.

"Hello my children.."

"We wish you good health Master.." Sanemi said, kneeling down in front of the Master.

Kanae was conflicted. She didn't know the full extent to the situation, so she had to pay attention.

The Master explained how Nezuko protected Tanjiro when she was turned instead of eating him, and that was why Giyuu let her live. He offered to offer her safety in the corps. Most of the Hashira objected, but..

"Giyuu and Urokodaki, former Water Hashira, have agreed to commit Seppuku if Nezuko eats someone.. They are that confident that Nezuko won't do so.. I will ask politely to everyone to trust their word.." The Master said, shocking some.

'Wait.. He's willing to do that?' Kanae thought, looking at Giyuu who was kneeling, nodding his head.

"I'll trust Master's word.. I pray everything will turn out.." Gyomei said, sitting down and praying.

"I won't accept it until I get some proof!" Sanemi yelled, grabbing the box. "I'm gonna test her!"

He brought the box into the Mansion where it was dark and set it down. Nezuko crawled out of the box and stood infront of him. He then took his sword and sliced his arm.

He tried to her Nezuko to taste the blood, but she turned her head away, shocking Sanemi and some of the Hashira.

"Well, point proven. If you may sit back down Sanemi.." The Master said. Sanemi groaned and went back to his spot. Nezuko went back into her box and shut it. A Kasuski took the box and went to Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro now needs a place to stay.." The Master said.

"He and his sister can stay with us!" Shinobu said, Kanae nodding her head in agreement.

"Sounds fine with me!" Kanae said.

"It's settled then! Now let's finish this meeting shall we?" The Master said as Tanjiro got carried away to the Butterfly Mansion.

The Meeting continued as normal. When it ended, Kanae and Shinobu went back to their place.

Kanae went to her room and shut the door.

'My dream is actually possible.. Giyuu.. Of all people.. It was you who made it a reality' Kanae thought to herself blushing madly, before heading back to the infirmary to help out with the injured..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN
As a main GiyuShino story writer, this feels wrong to write, but I also like this ship so here it is!