02. Take Her Home

“Fake U.S. Marshalls. Fake Credit Cards. You got anything on you that's real?”

“My boobs.”

•¤•¤•¤•

"Hi!" MJ chirps at the old man behind the counter and holding out Dean's card. "One room, please." She beams, Sam adjacent to her. She instructed Dean to stay outside because she didn't want his smell killing the old man. He found this hilarious, of course.

The man raises a brow at her, glancing between the two before accepting the card and reading over the name. "You guys having a reunion or something?" He inquires.

MJ slaps Sam's arm when she realizes he was going to speak honestly and shakes her head, "Told you he beat us here— that's our dad. We would've been here first but someone has the bladder control of a two-year-old." She jabs in good fun before grinning at the clerk when she gets a chuckle from him. "What room did he get?"

"Twelve, rented it for a month."

Jude and Sam swap another look before the youngest sibling turns on the charm and smiles warmly at the clerk. "Do you happen to have an extra set of keys for it?"

><><>♡<><><

Sam opens the door with the extra set of keys, MJ peering around his shoulder while Dean cautiously glances around the parking lot. He swings the door open and allows his sister to step in and he follows, Dean lagging outside as he continues to play look out. The oldest Winchester looks around with an agape mouth, noting that practically— if not every— wall was covered in papers. Newspaper clippings, maps, pictures, notes, etc. There are books on the desk and assorted junk on the floor and bed, including something with a hazardous-materials symbol.

"Whoa." Is all Sam murmurs before he reaches outside and grabs Dean by the shoulder and yanks him in while Jude shuts and locks the door behind them. Dean moves to a bedside table and switches on the lamp. He picks up a half eaten burger still in the wrapper and sniffs it, gagging and recoiling as he drops it back onto the table. Jude crosses over to him, following Sam's example of carefully stepping over a salt line. She grabs the burger and gives Dean a disgusted look before tossing it into the trash like a normal person would and not sniff it.

"I don't think he's been here for a couple days at least." Dean states, giving in and helping his sister clean up a little.

"At the most, four days. Wouldn't go as far as saying a week." MJ inputs, moving over to a wall and scanning each photo one by one. It was of the victims.

"Salt, cats-eye shells… he was worried, trying to keep something out." Sam notes as he comes up behind her and she moves on, crossing the room. Dean follows Sam, removing one of the pictures. "What have you got there?"

"Centennial Highway victim." Dean answers. "I don't get it. I mean, different men, different jobs, ages, ethnicities. There's always a conne—"

"Shit!" MJ shouts, alarming her brothers. She rips a picture off the wall and turns around to face them, shaking it excitedly with a grin and practically dancing over. "I can't believe— I should've fucking known!"

"What?" Dean asks as she flips the paper back towards her, grinning madly at it. "Care to share with—" he's cut off again, this time by her shoving it in his face.

"They cheated! They're cheaters— Constance? Woman in White, which, good for her honestly. Who needs more Chads? I say get rid of them all."

"MJ," Dean huffs, grabbing the paper to read it. It's a print out of the article Mary had read only hours before. The same article she printed. Sam turns on another lamp.