CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

[ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Confusion Of A Teenager ]

2 weeks later...

Aria

IT WAS NOW DECEMBER, the weather went down quickly, it being even colder than before, and the days becoming shorter. Aria hadn't seen Miguel or the rest of her friends for a while, but she did constantly keep up with them. "Ari!" Matilda yelled from afar, Aria slowly turned around, stopping herself from riding farther with her bike.

"Hey Mattie," Aria grinned, waving at her. "Uhm..." Matilda hummed with hesitation as she rode towards her friend, "What?" Aria questioned. "Have you... have you seen what people are saying online?" Matilda asked, turning towards Aria.

"What do you mean? What's online?" Aria jumped off of her bike, grabbing her phone and searching up her name everywhere. "What the fuck!" Aria shouted.

_______

"It's going to be okay, Ari. I'm sure he's just busy." Matilda comforted her friend, rubbing her arm as they both walked to their houses. "I should get going, want me to come over?" Matilda asks, looking over at Aria. "You should go home, I'll be fine." Aria gave a small smile, Matilda looked over with uncertainty. "You sure?" Aria nodded in response.

The two said their goodbyes before they split up, Aria being left alone with her crowding, overwhelming thoughts of what is going on. She wasn't sure how to feel about the situation, being shamed by Miguel's fans, and new pictures coming out with Miguel and a girl. She knew Miguel would never hurt her, but what is she to think when he won't pick up the phone?

_______

Aria laid on her stomach, resting her chin on her propped up hand. She stared at her bedroom window, looking at the cloudy, gloomy sky, showing a hint of snow coming. She grinned for a while before opening her phone, checking for any new notifications that she didn't get because of Do Not Disturb. Aria spent most of her days talking to Miguel, but now she was left in her thoughts, unsure of what to do.

She knew what she could do, she could call Madeleine! Madeleine was always there, even if she was a bit younger. She quickly got up, grabbing her phone and going over to her desk, and dialing up Madeleine.

She waited and waited...nothing, she dialed up Becca...still no sign of her two other best friends. She frowned, deciding to dial up Tristan and Brady, she waited... only Tristan picked up.

"Hello?" Tristan mumbled, moving around in his bed. "Oh, shit. Did I just wake you up?" Aria mumbled, "Yeah, but it's all good, I needed to wake up anyway. Anyways, what's up?"

"Have you talked to Miguel recently, there's stuff going around online and I need to talk to him." Aria rambled, losing a chance to breath. "I mean.... I talked him this morning, he mentioned having his big tests today, and he'd stayed up all night last night, so he's probably asleep." Tristan explained, sitting up in his bed and leaning on his bed frame.

"Oh," Aria nodded slowly, starting to realize that she may be overreacting. "Has he... talked about any other girl?" Aria hesitated, fearing the possible answer. "Aria..." Tristan started, "You are the only girl he talks to, and he is always talking about, and hell, the only one he talks about." Tristan laughed to himself, "Really?" Aria asked, Tristan nodded in response.

_________

<editing>
idk how i feel abt this 😣🙏